Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by snoopydooper

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by snoopydooper
Celebrity Equinox
Celebrity Equinox
Member Name: snoopydooper
Cruise Date: May 2014
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
See More About: Celebrity Equinox Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Review of Aquaclass services

First off, I should say that this was my honeymoon holiday and for both of us our first cruise.

We had such an awesome time that we are committed to doing another cruise in the next year or two when we can afford it. But anyway, to the details.

We booked an Aquaclass stateroom. Amazing service by the stateroom attendant. The room was comfortable and the shower especially nice. Aquaclass includes delivery of iced tea and canapes every day but with all the ship has to offer, after day two, we told our attendant to stop bringing the iced tea and canapes to the room. They took up too much space on the table surfaces of the room and we really didn't spend too much time in the room. The BEST part of Aquaclass was the access to the restaurant Blu. I wholeheartedly recommend that class if only for the restaurant. We ate there 8 out of 12 nights and only because we wanted to try out the specialty and main restaurants. All in all, i think we felt Blu was outstanding in both quality of the food and the service. Super-friendly and competent waitstaff. With Aquaclass you also get exclusive access to a spa area called the Persian Gardens. We went a few times and it was definitely a perk. It has a steam room, and dry sauna, some rain-style showers and heated loungers. Unfortunately the dry sauna was not working correctly during our cruise...but the rest was nice. Best to use that on a port day when most/many people are off the ship.

If cruising on Celebrity again, i would certainly choose Aquaclass again and I recommend it for those who are seeking a relaxing and indulgent holiday.

As for the rest of the cruise, I will mention one thing that might be useful. The drinks packages.... I was told by my travel agent that if i booked by March 31 (or something), all drinks would be included on board. We planned to be completely indulgent on this trip so this was a big plus. However, once onboard, we learned what it really meant. There are apparently a few different drinks packages and we had the "Classic" This means that you don't pay for any beer up to $6, wines up to $9 and cocktails up to $8. As we planned to have a drink whenever we wanted and did not want to choose our drinks by the price (did I say indulgent?), on the first day we upgraded to the premium package. The link below describes the packages. The bartender who explained all this to us that first day said with the classic package, if you do choose a beer that's say $8, you have to pay all $8. But with the premium package, you only pay the difference in price over the "premium threshold"...I think this was $13. So, if you are a bit of a lush like we were, and don't want to count pennies, go Premium!!

A couple of experienced cruisers onboard said that in choosing Celebrity for our first cruise we made a great choice. I have to say that for our next cruise, I will be very, very inclined to go for the Equinox or another Celebrity big ship.

Some of my favorite aspects of the ship:

Blu Restaurant - Amazing - menu changes every day and everything is really exceptionally good. Service friendly and efficient. Top notch.

The house band - Mood Icons i think they called themselves. I really enjoyed their late afternoon sessions by the pool.

The Mast Grill - Serving burgers and hot dogs all afternoon until 6pm (I think), it was a great lunch option.

The entertainment director - Brandon I think he's called. Did a great job running trivia sessions and other fun activities by the pool. Nice guy who creates a good atmosphere.

The Stateroom attendant - Not sure if our service was so good because we had an Aquaclass stateroom but Joseph and his assistant was really friendly and helpful.

The gym - Used it a few times...really nice equipment and located right at front of ship with wonderful views off the bow. However, I have to say I really didn't like the way the spinning instructor ran his class...he was nice, but the music was lame and it was more fitness than cardio (to my mind).

Hope this was helpful to someone!!

Erica