Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by lunapupnv

Member Name: lunapupnv
Cruise Date: June 2014
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
See More About: Norwegian Jewel Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Shore Excursions 5+

A major disappointment

I had a mini-suite stateroom. When I first walked into the room, I was so pleased. It was a beautiful room, spacious, very clean and a nice size bathroom. Ok, I paid extra for a little larger room. Unfortunately, that was about the first and only highlight of being on board the Jewel. The buffet situation quite frankly is a disgrace. There is no crowd control mechanism and everyone is just running around with no organization whatsoever; just total chaos. And if that isn't bad enough, once you fought your way through the food troughs, most times there was no place to sit. After folks eat, they sit there; with no regard for others who would also like to have a table to eat their meal. It was literally cut throat to find a table. So I tried a couple of the other dining rooms. On both occasions, the food was not even mediocre. The safety information provided was a joke. They round up everyone into theatres and show you how to put on a life jacket. That's it. I left that 5 minute presentation wondering what do I do, where do I go in the event of emergency. I realize that's not real likely but for example, how many times have cruise ships caught on fire? Now some people actually like to relax in their rooms, and for example, watch a movie. What? Not even a DVD player, and the channels offered were sad. A couple of times I walked through the casino as I thought it would be fun to play for a bit. Well that was a mistake. There was so much smoke in there that you could not breathe, far worse than a Vegas casino. I think most smokers, whether gambling or not, hung out in the casino. I am glad I had some fun excursions booked so I was able to get off the ship and leave the masses, particularly the people in the buffets, behind for a while.

Publication Date: 06/18/14
Read the Alaska ports review by lunapupnv
More Norwegian Jewel Cruise Reviews