Eurodam Cruise Review by kiefaber455: First time, probably last time

kiefaber455
Member Since 2004

Compare Prices on Eurodam Baltic & Northern Europe Cruises

First time, probably last time

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Embarkation: Copenhagen

This was our first time on Holland America and it I probably will not book with them again. There just wasn't anything that happened that would make me want to book with them again. We have always been excited when we sailed on RCCL, Princess, and Celebrity. Can't say that with HAL.

Food was good--found it very interesting that the same food that was served in the main dining room was also being served buffet style in the Lido Restaurant.

Our waiter was efficient, but the poor man had, I believe, 9 tables to take care of.

Found the entertainment to be very good. Singers and dancers put on 4 shows which we thought was a lot for a 12 day cruise.

Embarkation and disembarkation went smoothly.

Internet was non-operational for almost half the cruise, which upset a great many people.

Went with TJ Travel for all our shore excursions--Tallinn, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Berlin, and Copenhagen. In St. Petersburg and Berlin, we had private More tours, still paid half of what HAL was charging for their excursions.

When my wife and I ended the trip, we both pretty much came to the same conclusion, there was no "wow" factor that would make us want to book with HAL again. Less

Read more Eurodam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Eurodam Review >>

Cabin review: Eurodam 6024

First cruise we've been on in a long time where the names of our cabin stewards were not on the desk when we arrived, Never saw either the steward or his assistant until the middle of the second day. Room was always cleaned, one or two days not until late in the afternoon. I believe they had 30-40 cabins to take care of everyday.Shower curtain was coming out of the ceiling. It was fixed by the third day, however, their fix prevented the curtain from opening in both directions.