Queen Mary 2 (QM2) 2

“QM2 sailing Dubai - Southampton April/May 2014 (cruise M403)”
Cruise review of Cunard Queen Mary 2 (QM2)

bigghh
Member Since 2014

Overall Member Rating

The easiest way to provide accurate feedback is to share my letter, with detailed attachments, which I sent to Cunard on 3rd June with the audience.

If Cunard were serious in wishing to be a 5* cruise line I would have long expected their reply by now and not merely "an acknowledgement" that my communication will be dealt with "in due course". Obviously a Queens Grill passenger is not very important/interesting as a future business to Cunard. I take their point graciously and will in future look at cruising with more discerning companies then Cunard.

It's really not worth the money I am afraid to have to observe. If you want a top notch cruise you are better off with the likes such as Silver Sea and More Seabourn (despite the fact that Seabourn belongs to the same Group as Cunard).

QUOTE:

My wife and I have recently cruised on the QM2 from Dubai to Southampton (cruise M403) as Queens Grill guests.

As we have both turned 60 over the last 6 months we wanted to treat ourselves to a very memorable cruise. Having read so much about the Cunard Queen's including Cunard’s own marketing materials, we opted for the "famous 5* Queens Grill service".

In the past we have experienced some excellent cruises on Seabourn with superb levels of service and as this is one of your sister companies we had high expectations.

Unfortunately for us, apart from the good size of suite and the very enjoyable Queens Grill Restaurant, there was very little else 5* about the QM2 in our opinion. All in all a great ship for the masses not a great experience for the discerning traveler.

To clarify our comments please find attached our completed questionnaire together with another list of items which we feel illustrate that the level of facilities and services on the QM2 fall far short of the 5* you suggest.

Overall a very disappointing experience!

Yours sincerely,

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

9036
Good seize suite, however no 5* standard nor 5* service anywhere to be seen.One of the main points of failure of Cunard is that for Queens Grill passengers there is little else than only the Queens Grill restaurant which is for Queens grill passengers only. For the rest you have to share everything with the other 1900 passengers.It's really not worth the money I am afraid to have to observe. If you want a top notch cruise you are better off with the likes such as Silver Sea and Seabourn (despite the fact that Seabourn belongs to the same Group as Cunard).

Published 06/18/14

Read Cruise Critic's Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Review

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruises to the Middle East

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?