Avalon Poetry II Cruise Review by reaughj: Floating in the mystical land of castles and vineyards.

Avalon Poetry II 5
reaughj
Member Since 2014

Overall Member Rating

Floating in the mystical land of castles and vineyards.

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Prague

Wow! We boarded this brand new ship and were immediately impressed, the ship was beautiful, stylish and well appointed.

We sailed down the Rhine and up the Moselle River to Remich Luxembourg. The scenery on the Moselle was fantastic with amazing castles high on the bluffs lining the river.

Is was our first cruise on a small ship. Advantages and disadvantages. With only a couple of hundred or so, you get to know almost everyone on the ship, one big happy family. Obviously, you don't have all the options of a mega ocean liner.

This ship and I understand all of Avalon is oriented for the American/English speaking traveler. That made things very easy. The cruise director was terrific, he went out of his way to accommodate all needs even those not directly associated with the trip.

Food was good and plentiful. I'd say the quality did seem to taper off towards the end of the trip. We were promised 'regional' food and I thought that was a shortcoming. More

The provided shore tours very excellent.

One thing I was hoping for was to be able to spend more time ashore, have a local lunch, etc. we did do that once but would have enjoyed more of that.

All in all, a great trip with a dozen friends. Definitely I would recommend Avalon. Less

Published 06/17/14

Member Since 2014
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X