Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by LondonAfficionado: Mediocre Cruise but exhorbitant price

LondonAfficionado
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Transatlantic Cruises

Mediocre Cruise but exhorbitant price

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: Hamburg

One of the highlights of travelling transatlantic is arriving into New York's Manhattan Island with the fantastic skyline. Sadly, Cunard decided in order to cut costs they would put in at the very unpicturesque Brooklyn cruise terminal instead. This required a half hour taxi ride to Manhattan, where everyone on the ship clearly wanted to be. They kept the fact they would put in at Brooklyn well out of any of the brochures.

I had invited my dad and wife to travel with my partner and me but my dad developed a heart problem and was forced to pull out of the trip. We informed Cunard of the situation yet they refused to offer any compensation and we were forced to pay the full fare for both cabins even though we only needed one.

One of the cabins had a rumble so when it came time to sleep we slept in the other cabin. My partner's parents had to do without any water for three days in their cabin and when the water did come out of the taps it was full of black soot. The More Cunard people said, "we can only apologise". I would say they were probably right since clearly they couldn't fix the pipes.

Some of the entertainment was good but much was not. Especially a violinist who played many concerts on route but never played well.

The food was quite boring and the vegetables were frozen and over cooked. There is a good restaurant on board but it is not complimentary. The wines were either very expensive or bad.

The butlers were very good, but that seems to be the norm on all cruises. Less

Read more Queen Mary 2 (QM2) cruise reviews >>