Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by MeJustMe: It is what it is

It is what it is

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

I have been on over 20 Cruises, 6 different Cruise lines, from 3 night to transatlantic, from Carnival to Celebrity. If you get on this cruise thinking it will be Celebrity of Crystal you will not like it. If you get on this ship for what it is, a 3 night Baja trip at a great price you can not help but have fun. It is vacation after all, so nice to not have to put on a tux for dinner. For "Fancy night" I wore nice jeans with a long sleeve shirt and it was fine for the dinning room.

The ship is an older mid size ship, but she is updated with mini golf, water park and adults only area. she is clean everywhere you look.

I can not say enough about how great the staff is. This time we were in inside cabins, last time we were outside cabins. On this trip I noticed the shower drained slow, I called guest services and went to lunch. When I got back from lunch there was a note that maintenance had been in my cabin and all was repair. it was done quickly, politely and with More just one call, they even gave me fresh towels and filled my Ice bucket (I had left a note for the cabin steward that I would like Ice).

With the current promotions we traveled one per cabin since it was the same price as if we shared a cabin. We were set at a dining table that was all single occupancy cabins. This made it great for single travelers not to be stuck at a dining table with families. Food in the dining room was overall good. Service in the dining room was great (awesome service at table 209 this trip, 229 last trip was also great service) It always amazes me how friendly and helpful the staff are considering the hours and days they work, All the staff knew my name after asking it just once.

Be sure to have a Pastrami sandwich from the Deli, try the Mongolian wok and burgers by the pool. Service in the buffet was good, clearing tables and asking if you wanted a refill on your drink. Food at the buffet was also good over all, some not great and other items worth getting seconds.

Entertainment is good, the big shows are typical cruise ship shows. It is fun at the end of the show where the dances lead everyone out to the lobby and everyone is dancing or watching. The comedy club is fun at the adult hour. The Piano bar is fun but not the same with out Billy playing (he was on the 02-24-14 Cruise)

When I booked this ship it was for the price, a inexpensive getaway is all I had thought. I had called a friend and asked if he had vacation time, he said yes, why ? I asked "want to go slumming?" He said "Carnival" I said for the price why not. It turned out to be so much fun that we did it again this time the 3 night cruise. I booked to go solo the end of May.

I will say the 3 night weekend trip is more a party boat then the 4 night. Everybody was there to just have fun. The ship is a mix of social classes, ages and backgrounds, everyone got along and had fun.

Carnival does a great job of keeping the kids in the kids area. The adults only sun deck is great, Amazing how quiet it can be back there. The towel guy back there is great, he makes sure you have what you need and that you are happy, very nice guy, I did not get spelling of his name but it is pronounced "Why you". Less

Read more Carnival Inspiration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Inspiration Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Inspiration m50

Cabin is Sparse furniture, Bath show's it age, but for 4 nights is all you need.