Carnival Dream Cruise Review by lucy2mb: 2nd time on the Dream and a great cruise!

lucy2mb
Member Since 2006

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

2nd time on the Dream and a great cruise!

Sail Date: May 2014
Embarkation: New Orleans

We had originally booked the Dream out of Port Canaveral and they switched us to the Sunshine when they decided to move the Dream to New Orleans. The rooms they gave us on the Sunshine were not as good as the rooms we had on the Dream. We decided to switch back to the Dream. We were excited about going to New Orleans for the first time, so we drove down 2 days before our cruise. After traveling all day in our car on Friday, we were very tired when we got to the hotel. On Saturday, we went to a mall, picked up our daughter at the airport and then walked around New Orleans. After a couple of hours of walking around, I had seen all I wanted to of New Orleans.

We arrived at the port after 11:00 on Sunday. We had priority boarding since we are Platinum, so it didn't take long before we were on the Dream. We went straight to our cabins and were very happy with our spa balcony rooms on the spa deck. It was our first time having a spa balcony. Packy was our first lady steward and she More was great!

The food was good--no complaints there. Our server Julian was very good and called us by name every night and every time we saw him on the Lido deck. I had salmon every night except for one. I am a vegetarian except for fish. I ate desserts every night. One of our daughters ordered the chocolate cake from room service several nights. She thought it was the best dessert on the ship.

The only time I felt the Lido deck was crowded was lunch time after we boarded the ship. At lunch time, I usually went to the Lido deck a few minutes before they opened to avoid long lines.

The entertainment on the Dream was a lot better than the entertainment on the Breeze last year. Dancing in the Street was the best show of any cruise we have been on. I wish Carnival had a theater band on all of their ships.

We had been to all the ports before. Our favorite excursion was with Victor Bodden's Fun in the Sun in Roatan. The monkeys were so much fun and they were the highlight of the excursion. We spent about 2 hours and a half at the beach after seeing the monkeys and other animals. In Belize, we went snorkeling through shore excursions and in Cozumel we just took a taxi to town. It is not relaxing to walk through town because of all the people begging you to go in their store.

My favorite part of the cruise was sitting on our balcony just relaxing. Before the cruise, my back bothered me a lot and I had headaches several days a week. While on the Dream, I didn't experience any back pain or headaches! Those Carnival comfort beds were great!

We loved our 2nd cruise on the Dream, but unless they move it back to Florida or closer to N.C., we don't plan to go on it again. We didn't care for going out of New Orleans. Loved our Dream cruise! Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Balcony Spa 12205

The best part of the spa balcony was not having smokers around us. I wish all balconies were non-smoking. Some people don't like the spa deck because the cabins do not have a roof. I was glad it didn't rain any on our cruise.