Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by MELINDAXX3

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by MELINDAXX3
Grandeur of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Member Name: MELINDAXX3
Cruise Date: May 2014
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Wouldn't go with this ship ever again!!!!

Out of 5 I would give this cruise a 3. We got it for a cheap price and it wasn't a far drive from New Jersey. It was my boyfriend and I who went and we are in our 20s. We have sailed with Carnival twice and this was our third cruise and 1st with Royal Caribbean. Reading the review prior I was regretting booking this cruise because of the negative things like too many old people and the ship being old and crammed. The ship being old was a definite. It was small and although they claimed they had over 250 activities for the week it felt like a lot of times there was nothing to do. On carnival there was always something going on by the pool and here maybe one activity all day. The shows were eh. They had 3 nights of a comedian and 4 nights of performers and it was somewhat disappointing. With carnival they had both shows at 2 different times and comedians every night following the shows so you had both on this ship you only had one or the other depending on the night. We didn't go to Chops, Izumis, or Giovannis because we didn't want to pay for something that we might not even like. We stuck to the buffet almost every night except formal night which we went to the main restaurant. We had the early seating and were disappointed when we got to the table and everybody was over 60 years old. I would have expected Royal Caribbean to be smart and put similar ages together. We would have chosen my time dining but we didn't want to pay the ridiculous gratuity along with it that which i may add carnival doesn't charge for. The food was ok and there wasn't much variety, so we went to the buffet afterwards. The buffets food was really good, it was a small buffet so you always had to go early for a table whether it was for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The main complaint was that time it closed. They closed at 8:30 for dinner which is super early. The park cafe was the only other option for food if you missed the buffet which consisted of stale pizza and nachos and nasty hot dogs. The staff wasn't friendly either. Every time I ordered a drink they would charge me for premium alcohol if i didn't specify i want the cheap one which annoyed me because I shouldn't have to specify I want the cheap one every single time. Also there wasn't enough bar staff to take drinks at all the shows and they took forever to bring me a drink.

Publication Date: 06/16/14