Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by MELINDAXX3: Wouldn't go with this ship ever again!!!!

MELINDAXX3
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Grandeur of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Wouldn't go with this ship ever again!!!!

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

Out of 5 I would give this cruise a 3. We got it for a cheap price and it wasn't a far drive from New Jersey. It was my boyfriend and I who went and we are in our 20s. We have sailed with Carnival twice and this was our third cruise and 1st with Royal Caribbean. Reading the review prior I was regretting booking this cruise because of the negative things like too many old people and the ship being old and crammed. The ship being old was a definite. It was small and although they claimed they had over 250 activities for the week it felt like a lot of times there was nothing to do. On carnival there was always something going on by the pool and here maybe one activity all day. The shows were eh. They had 3 nights of a comedian and 4 nights of performers and it was somewhat disappointing. With carnival they had both shows at 2 different times and comedians every night following the shows so you had both on this ship you only had one or the other depending on the night. We didn't go to More Chops, Izumis, or Giovannis because we didn't want to pay for something that we might not even like. We stuck to the buffet almost every night except formal night which we went to the main restaurant. We had the early seating and were disappointed when we got to the table and everybody was over 60 years old. I would have expected Royal Caribbean to be smart and put similar ages together. We would have chosen my time dining but we didn't want to pay the ridiculous gratuity along with it that which i may add carnival doesn't charge for. The food was ok and there wasn't much variety, so we went to the buffet afterwards. The buffets food was really good, it was a small buffet so you always had to go early for a table whether it was for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The main complaint was that time it closed. They closed at 8:30 for dinner which is super early. The park cafe was the only other option for food if you missed the buffet which consisted of stale pizza and nachos and nasty hot dogs. The staff wasn't friendly either. Every time I ordered a drink they would charge me for premium alcohol if i didn't specify i want the cheap one which annoyed me because I shouldn't have to specify I want the cheap one every single time. Also there wasn't enough bar staff to take drinks at all the shows and they took forever to bring me a drink. Less

Read more Grandeur of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Grandeur of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Grandeur of the Seas 3657

It was super tiny and the shower was so small the shower curtain would touch every time you were in there so you would have to wash all over again. We heard and felt the propellers all night as they were below us and we heard the staff drop a million things all night since the main dining room was above us. Horrible room!!! The beds were pushed together to make a king sized bed but we ended on sleeping on each of our beds rather than cuddling because the beds kept sliding apart. Very uncomfortable! I also love getting back to the room at night and seeing what towel animal we got well they sucked. We only got 3 towel animals the whole cruise and 1 wasn't even an animal but rather a person.

Coco Cay was nice. The water had a lot of seaweed in it and you had to walk all the way down the island to find some nice water without stepping on shells or seaweed. There were a lot of iguanas which was cool but they closed the lunch way too early and didn't even announce lunch was being served. My boyfriend and I had to go back to the boat early because we were starving. I prefer Carnival's Coco Cay over anything.

Read 235 CocoCay Reviews

Nassau was mainly shopping. We have been here before and enjoyed Senior Frogs but there is nothing to do during the day other than shop or pay $175 to go see Atlantis.

Read 2644 Nassau Reviews

Port Canaveral was a waste. We went to the space museum because there was nothing else to really do other than go to Disney or the beach.