“Breezin' Again”

retiring soon
Member Since 2006
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

I liked the Breeze so much in November that when a really good deal with no single supplement, $50 deposit & payment due 30 days prior to sailing came along I couldn"t resist!

I had missed doing a lot the last time so needed to revisit her.

Because I have to pay around $500 for a flight I looked for another cruise to combine with it & chose the new NCL Getaway which I'll review some day.

I arrived in Miami the day before sailing & stayed at Homewood Suites near the airport. It's a great hotel with free breakfast & even supper if you're there Mon to Thursday. It's like an apartment so very spacious with a full size fridge, microwave & dishwasher.

They offered a shuttle for $12 to the port so I chose to go at 11:00 am & was onboard at 11:45 so that was quick. I did have FTTF which I like to purchase in order to avoid carrying my carry arround with me..

I headed straight to Mongolian Wok which I missed out on last time. Waiting in line was smoky as others have pointed out but the food was tasty just a little too much spice for me

After lunch I went on the ship's tour as I found it a good way to meet a member of the CD staff which is nice if you're travelling solo. This time the group was so big that didn't happen. I headed back to my cove balcony & sat out a while. I must say I LOVED my cove 2349 as did everyone who saw it even CC member Gambee who was also on this cruise so I was thrilled to meet him finally. After the muster in the theatre I went to the Blue Iguana to meet some of our CC roll call . This was such a great group of people & we had a lively roll call on this site & the one that shall remain nameless.

I had requested a large table & was happy to see that his time there was actually people other than me dining there so that was nice. I went to some activities with the other solo female there. I was really thrilled the 1st night with the beef brisket, so tender & tasty but most of the meals were not as memorable.

Thus began a whirlwind of Thrill Theatre (which I missed last time so made up for it this time). I must say sometimes the action was quite strong & I thought I might fall off my chair! It was fun tho' & I believe I saw all those movies as well as other shows in the spacious lounge, casino, trivias & comedy shows. I really liked Jaylyn Bishop who I had seen last time, best of the comedians & loved a virgin drink they served only in that location.

The Cinqo de Mayo trivia was special & a lot of fun especially since my team mate & I won the coveted ship on a stick. That was more her doing than mine but I do love trivia.

The eating opportunities on Breeze are plentiful & I went to a few places I missed last time but also went back to Cucina for lunch with our CC group & for dinner alone but the salad that I'd been dreaming of since Nov. didn't seem to be as I remembered it.

Loved Guy's Burgers, the Taste Bar, Blue Iguana, afternoon tea & the wine machine in the library.

My cabin steward Duhon was great having my cabin made up before I returned from breakfast & making cute towels animals.

I had a really great time & love the Carnival experience. The pictures are great, the Bingo reasonable, you get network stations on the tv if you have time to watch. It's a really fun ship even if one doesn't drink much or use the water facilities.

Carnival Breeze Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

2349
I LOVED my cove balcony as did the cabin crawl people & Gambee.The balcony is bigger than the ordinary ones, shadier & more private.I used this balcony more than any other I've had, even for room service breakfast once.

Culinary Tour

I had a great time on the"Eat, Drink, Walk" culinary tour. Our guide Alex was very good & provided us with red umbrellas which fortunately we didn't need for rain just for shade. The food & drinks were good as was the commentary on buildings etc. The sidewalks are not in very good conditions in places so you have to watch out. I was impressed that Carnival added me to the 8 passengers from another of their ships that was in port beside us.

Having visited here previously & done the turtle farm & trip to Hell I had no desire to get off the ship. I'm not into water activities or shopping & the excursion I wanted to do to Queen Elizabeth Botanical Garden & the blue iguanas was not available through Carnival or privately this day.

Port

SInce I"d been here before on a road trip I just walked around the area not far from the port. There was some stores, a neat sculpture museum, a nice residentail area with beautiful homes & a shaded sqaure. I spent quite a while talking to a fellow cruiser while eating my Key Lime pie on a stick.

Read 1,115 Key West Reviews
Published 06/16/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Breeze Review
Carnival Breeze Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?