Pacific Jewel Cruise Review by Ssam: Worst Cruise Ever - Never again on P&O

Worst Cruise Ever - Never again on P&O

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

The service and customer care was shocking, attitude was careless and dismissive!

We did not expect the cruise to be top of the line "5 starts" like in Celebrity Cruises, but it even has fallen very short of being 1 or 2 Starts.

The quality of the food was poor at best, but at the Salt & Grill restaurant, it was above good.

Everywhere we went on the ship, we had different unpleasant aromas (especially in the lifts!). To a point I started calling it “Pee & Odour” cruise.

Noisy maintenance work was carried on during Saturday morning while guests trying to have a rest!

Our cabin on Deck 10 got flooded (Due to heavy rain and water accumulating on the Balcony), the solution was to have a "Air Dryer/Blower" blowing cold air in the room, which made it have an awful smell and did not dry at all.

After few complaints and insisting on a resolution, we got the unwilling and unsupportive Customer Care to give us another More room & $100 credit! It was "The only room" on Deck 5 that they have! Twice, ship staff have opened the cabin door while I am having a shower (This cabin seems to be dedicated to Staff!).

Attitude similar to " what I can do! Sorry". It is understandable when unfortunate events happen, but alternatives and options should be presented! But the attitude was of carelessness to my comfort that I paid for.

Disorganised, computer systems did not work, disembarkation was disorderly and unprepared.

I will leave at that, nothing has made this trip with P&O enjoyable, except the good people that shared our frustration!

Ssam Less

Published 06/16/14

Helpful? Thank Ssam

Read more Pacific Jewel cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Pacific Jewel Review >>

Compare Prices on Pacific Jewel Australia & New Zealand Cruises

Cabin review: BC10234

Cabin on Deck 10 was pleasant but balcony is smaller than expected!

Member Since 2014
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X