Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by susonka

Member Name: susonka
Cruise Date: May 2014
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
        3-6 5.0

Great time on Grandeur

My family and I cruised with Grandeur of the Seas during May 2014. We really enjoyed ourselves. The Port of Baltimore is very easy, well organized and fast. The weather was wonderful, so we were able to go up to the pool right away. There was great music and line dances. It was a lot of fun.

Our room was nice. It was an ocean view. It was clean, great water pressure and plenty of hot water always. We had enough room to be comfortable. We did have a noisy neighbor - not the cruise line's fault but quite annoying. She yelled constantly and screamed every time she laughed. We called guest services as she carried on until after midnight one night, and security immediately contacted her room and she was finally quiet. Our room steward was awesome. Really kind, friendly and was great with my 5 year old son.

Dining room service was also fantastic. Our servers were so nice, really attentive and genuinely friendly. They also were so kind to my son! The food was okay. I found things in general to be a little bland, but not awful. Certain dishes were better than others. I think the desserts can be improved upon. Some of the fish and Italian dishes were very good. We enjoyed ourselves and thought the dining room was beautiful.

The poolside entertainment was a lot of fun. We loved the live band and the DJ. The deck could get crowded but we always found seats.

Getting on and off of the boat was very easy and well organized. The crew was very friendly and helpful. We liked all of the ports. We went to Coco Beach in Florida. We took the shuttle service with no problems. The ocean was a little rough, but my son loved it. The water was nice and warm. The beach is not like a Caribbean white sand beach, but clean and we had a great time playing in the water. The beach was a little crowded but we had no problem finding a spot.

Nassau was our next stop. It is okay. I would not wonder the streets too far. Seemed a little shady to me. We got day passes at the British Colonial Hilton. This was a lot of fun. The hotel is gorgeous and we were able to use the pool, the lounge chairs and had a voucher for food and drinks at the bar. The staff was nice and the food and drinks were great.

CocoCay was our last stop. It was beautiful. We enjoyed the food provided by the ship and loved the nice calm ocean. The ground was rocky in spots under the water, so water shoes are needed. We saw a lot of fish and a sting ray. Awesome! My son spotted an iguana too. We had a great day here!

Overall, the ship is a little bit older, but the main areas of the boat are very pretty and clean. The crew is extremely friendly and make you feel very welcome! My son also loved the children's program. We were totally comfortable leaving him there.

There were Norovirus outbreaks during the previous month, so staff were at the Windjammer buffet entrance placing hand sanitizer on everyone's hands. Some people complained but we thought this was great. Who wants to be sick on their vacation? My son also had to use hand sanitizer before going in the kids program which we appreciated.

We didn't do any of the beverage packages, but the drinks were affordable. The drink specials were also a great deal. I didn't think anything was more than at an average bar.

We had read this ahead of time, and it was true, there are times when it seems like you can smell some sewage. This was not all the time, but occasionally in our room and around the centrum bar heading to the cabins. It is a faint smell but noticeable.

Overall, we had a blast. The ship has many pretty areas to relax in and there was always something to do. There is plenty of food at the buffet with a good variety and the dining room food was decent with some room for improvement. The crew is friendly, professional and organized. We would do this cruise again.

Publication Date: 06/16/14
Read the Bahamas ports review by susonka
More Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Reviews