Thomson Celebration Cruise Review by Ursula9

Member Name: Ursula9
Cruise Date: May 2014
Embarkation: other
Destination: Europe - Greek Isles
See More About: Thomson Celebration Cruise Reviews | Europe - Greek Isles Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals
        13-15 1.0

Ship Facts: Thomson Celebration Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Thomson Celebration Deck Plans
Very disappointing

I have recently returned from a week on Thomson celebration and I will not be going on this ship again.

I went with my 13 year old granddaughter. I had the unfortunate experience of leaving my purse on the plane which meant that when I was checking in on the ship and at that point discovered that I had no purse. This had my debit and credit card in with some money in it. Luckily I had £200 in another wallet. All the receptionist did was to give me the telephone no. of santander and take my £200 to put on my on board credit account. At that point I had to phone the bank to cancel my cards. (On my mobile phone, no offer of please use our phone). I was going to use my debit card for my on board credit but it wasn't to be. I suggested that I go on my ipad and transfer money from my online banking to thomsons. They said that couldn't happen as thomsons account was in England. I also asked if someone could find out if my purse was in dalaman as it was on their thomsons plane, they said anything left on the plane had to go back to the airport which it had come from so I would have to check when I returned home to Leeds Bradford airport...... My grandaughter and I were 'on our own' from that point. The day after I went to speak to the manager of reception as I couldn't understand why I couldn't transfer money by online banking, again the manager told me the same as the receptionist and again insisted that anything left on the plane would be at Leeds Bradford aiport. Also he said the same as the receptionist....no transfer by online banking.

My granddaughter and I struggled through the week, not being able to buy things off ship which was very disappointing. I have to say I met some lovely people on ship who offered to lend me money. One couple in particular who I must thank if they read this, was a lovely couple from Ireland but I never saw them again and didn't have chance to thank them, however I didn't borrow any money as I thought we would cope.

Imagine to my horror after boarding the plane on my return home and asking the steward on the plane to guide me on where to go at Leeds Bradford to lost property was told that anything left on the plane would be offloaded at dalaman airport and could not ever be returned to the airport of departure due to security reasons. I had now missed the opportunity to visit lost property at dalaman airport.

I have been on thomsons cruises before many years ago and could never fault them but will never go with them again, not just because of this experience of losing my purse but lots of other things. Food not as good, waiter service not as good. They advertised in the buffet that Beringer Zinfandel wine was on the bar list, but there wasn't any and hadn't had any for weeks. Cereal in the buffet on the first few days, there was lots of choice, later on in the week there seemed to be only cornflakes or rice crispies, when asked, they said they had run out. Choice on menu for dinner was poor. Cheese and biscuits, few thin slices of cheese and 2 cream crackers. The price for the week for a soft drinks package for my 13 year old granddaughter would be £97!

On the positive side, the entertainment was good, but that was about all.

Publication Date: 06/14/14
More Thomson Celebration Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Thomson Celebration review Read the next Thomson Celebration review

More Europe - Greek Isles Cruise Reviews