Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by kyzza01

Member Name: kyzza01
Cruise Date: April 2014
Dining 5+

Fabulous First Cruise

This was my first cruise ever, my other two family members have previously cruised. So this is from my perspective. We stayed at Hampton Inn in Fort Lauderdale, great rates, great hotel, free breakfast & they offer free shuttle service to the terminal, what more could you want! When we arrived at the terminal I didn't know what to expect. We all walked through, went through security checks and then lined up to check in with customer service. Had our photos taken for our pass cards. Then had professional ship photos taken. We then made our way through the maze of people already sitting to board and waited with them. Probably waited for an hour before we began to move.

Taking that first step onto the Oasis was like a dream, it certainly is jaw dropping. There are details everywhere you look, so much work has gone into this ship to make it so majestic.

Our goal was to see all the shows and do all the activities, we managed to achieve 75% of everything we set out. My favourite show was the headliner act. But they were all great, they cater to everyone, if you really want to see the comedy shows I advise to pre-book, we did and heaps of people were lining up outside in hopes to get in, there were only 6 seats unallocated seats left, a lot of disappointed people, but we were happy because we pre-booked all our shows. Really wanted to Zipline but when we went up there, no one was running out, not sure if we arrived too early? We really wanted to play Bingo but found the price for cards were too expensive, we're happy to pay for things on the ship, but I would think Bingo would be free.

I thoroughly enjoyed St Thomas & St Martin, Bahamas was more of a been there, done that type thing.

Dining was superb, we splurged and ate in Chops Grille one night, the food was delicious but I personally found the food to be great in the dining hall as well, so next time I might not pay to eat at the exclusive restaurants. We had the buffet for breakfast & dinner one time, they were both very extensive. I really enjoyed the Vitality Bar for breakfast each morning. I don't advise going to the main dining room for breakfast if it's not for the buffet, everyone waited for 30+ mins for food, when the buffet people had been up, eaten & gone.

Service on the ship was great, everybody was helpful and said good morning or hello. I'm glad they hand out free sea sickness tablets at customer service, I wasn't sick after the first tablet.

Our cabin was perfect sizing for 3 x adults, just the right amount of everything, space, towels etc

Disembarkation was running over an hour behind, so leave a book out and be ready to just wait until your called. Bag organisation was real great, the porters did an amazing job to have everyone's luggage down and ready to take. Customs line was long, but no longer than waiting in LAX.

Overall, I highly recommend travelling on the Oasis of the Seas, I've already booked my next cruise and can't wait to take hubby back & travel somewhere new.

Publication Date: 06/13/14