Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by kyzza01: Fabulous First Cruise

Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Fabulous First Cruise

Sail Date: April 2014

This was my first cruise ever, my other two family members have previously cruised. So this is from my perspective. We stayed at Hampton Inn in Fort Lauderdale, great rates, great hotel, free breakfast & they offer free shuttle service to the terminal, what more could you want! When we arrived at the terminal I didn't know what to expect. We all walked through, went through security checks and then lined up to check in with customer service. Had our photos taken for our pass cards. Then had professional ship photos taken. We then made our way through the maze of people already sitting to board and waited with them. Probably waited for an hour before we began to move.

Taking that first step onto the Oasis was like a dream, it certainly is jaw dropping. There are details everywhere you look, so much work has gone into this ship to make it so majestic.

Our goal was to see all the shows and do all the activities, we managed to achieve 75% of everything we set out. My More favourite show was the headliner act. But they were all great, they cater to everyone, if you really want to see the comedy shows I advise to pre-book, we did and heaps of people were lining up outside in hopes to get in, there were only 6 seats unallocated seats left, a lot of disappointed people, but we were happy because we pre-booked all our shows. Really wanted to Zipline but when we went up there, no one was running out, not sure if we arrived too early? We really wanted to play Bingo but found the price for cards were too expensive, we're happy to pay for things on the ship, but I would think Bingo would be free.

I thoroughly enjoyed St Thomas & St Martin, Bahamas was more of a been there, done that type thing.

Dining was superb, we splurged and ate in Chops Grille one night, the food was delicious but I personally found the food to be great in the dining hall as well, so next time I might not pay to eat at the exclusive restaurants. We had the buffet for breakfast & dinner one time, they were both very extensive. I really enjoyed the Vitality Bar for breakfast each morning. I don't advise going to the main dining room for breakfast if it's not for the buffet, everyone waited for 30+ mins for food, when the buffet people had been up, eaten & gone.

Service on the ship was great, everybody was helpful and said good morning or hello. I'm glad they hand out free sea sickness tablets at customer service, I wasn't sick after the first tablet.

Our cabin was perfect sizing for 3 x adults, just the right amount of everything, space, towels etc

Disembarkation was running over an hour behind, so leave a book out and be ready to just wait until your called. Bag organisation was real great, the porters did an amazing job to have everyone's luggage down and ready to take. Customs line was long, but no longer than waiting in LAX.

Overall, I highly recommend travelling on the Oasis of the Seas, I've already booked my next cruise and can't wait to take hubby back & travel somewhere new. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas 10598

3 Adults sharing a superior ocean view stateroom was more than enough space, we took turns with showers and bathroom, but we had it under control. More than enough closet and cupboard space and great space for putting all our suitcases underneath the bed. The balcony was huge, thought I'd spend more time out there, but found myself on the top deck more. Our lovely room attendant always made the lounge into a bed every night and back into a lounge every morning, he made wonderful creatures with towels on our bed too. The only complaint I would have is the shower head doesn't move, found it really hard to wash my long hair.

Found Nassau, Bahamas to be rather tedious. You are absolutely bombarded with locals as soon as you get off the ship enquiring as to whether you'd like a taxi, hair braids, handbags or horse carriage ride. I know it's how they earn a living but they see you so no to the millions others you've just walked through. On the whole, it was rather a dirty place to be. There was not much to do here unless you made your way out to Atlantis Paradise Island, shopping wasn't that great, we only spent about 3 hours wandering and then made our way back to the ship.

Read 2627 Nassau Reviews

My main objective for visiting St Martin was to go to Maho Beach to see my planes land. I could have stayed there for days just watching them take off and land. Loved it! Traffic getting from the cruise dock to the other side was chaos so plan your time accordingly, if we had left any later we would have seen our ship leave. We managed to sneak some shopping in before Maho Beach, went down Backstreet & Frontsreet, really good shopping for handbags, watches, shoes, sunnies. The market was fun to see as well.

This place was gorgeous the moment we pulled in. Shared taxi's were the go, we went to do a bit of shopping first (great for souvenirs & really cheap alcohol), along the way came across 99 Steps, amazing view when you reach the top. Hopped in another shared taxi to go to Magens Bay. The beach here was beautiful, had to pay an entrance fee but was minimal. Relaxed, ate & drank here for a few hours. Highly rate St Thomas!

Read 2323 St. Thomas Reviews