Hmmmmmmmmmm but yes will do it again: Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by !cocruising!
Overall Member Rating
Hmmmmmmmmmm but yes will do it again
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
2. Food not up to NCL standard in the garden cafe. Egg for the egg Benedict was served with hard boiled eggs 2/2 times. Did not try after that! Food was Luke warm at the best.
3. Shore excursion price difference was a rip off. Online VS on the ship. Done it before with under a $ 1 difference. This time we were charged$11 for same thing per person x 4.
4. Multiple issues in the cabin –
• Safe and fridge was locked had to bring to attention multiple times before fixed.
• Water was not draining in the shower- which was fixed on the first call.
• Shampoo was not coming again took multiple request before fixed.
• TV many times had signal issues – kids TV was fine in the cabin next door. Called multiple times finally fixed.
What irked me was when we brought it up to the More customer service lady, she said this is a big ship sometimes things happens. I understand that but we also expect a good vacation when we paid way over $4K.
On a positive note, NYC view was AMAZING! Nothing can replace it. Food at Blue lagoon and great outdoors was much better and less crowded than the Garden Cafe. Less
Cabin review: 10604
We had a connecting cabin – My husband and I in one and our young adult kids in the other. The door was always open depriving us of the privacy. I was told the supervisor of the Cabin steward will have to open and close for us each time. If I knew this in advance, I would have taken one cabin and saved at least $1500. NCL had the sale 3-8 passenger travel for free. • Even though we paid for 2 cabins daily new letter and stuff was not there in both cabins everyday.Cabin felt smaller than a regular cabin
Port and Shore Excursions
Nice! kids loved Para sailing. Beach was nice and Clean. Food was wonderful.
Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day
Nice. Food was mediocre. My mistake was - booked the shore excursions on the ship and unfortunately paid $11 per person more on the ship than online. Found a 14K gold Ring with diamond on the beach which we gave it to the lady but she did not announce it for couple of hours. Kind of was disappointed.
Too crowded. Good waves, surfing was nice - little scary at times. You can rent chair ; umbrella pretty much it all. I would not do it again. Hardly any place to even put your stuff on the beach - it was that crowded.
Unimpressed on many levels aft...
An Almost Perfect Little Cruis...
Spotless big ship.
Nice size, nice trip, understa...
Treated like a Gem aboard the ...
A Gem of a Gem!