Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Renee M: Wonderful Family Vacation

Compare Prices on Navigator of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful Family Vacation

Sail Date: June 2014
Embarkation: Galveston

My Grandparents took the family (12 adults total) for a cruise for their 60th Anniversary! The ship, Navigator of the Seas, was amazing. I've never been on a cruise before so I don't have anything to compare it to but I was surprised at how friendly the staff was. We ate at the Wind Jammer (buffet) for breakfast every morning and usually for lunch. At the entrance to every restaurant, there are hand sanitizer stations set up. At dinner, we sat with the family at our assigned tables (my time dining). There were 12 of us and the largest table only accommodated 8, so 4 of us had to rotate each night at a smaller table. The wait staff quickly learned everyone's preferences and as soon as we sat down, they had our tea or half and half for the coffee on the table. The meals were delicious!

We were never bored on the ship. With rock climbing, Flow Rider, basketball, miniature golf, ping pong, swimming pools, ice skating, comedy shows, bars... bars... and more bars... who COULD be More bored?!

We stopped in Roatan, Honduras; Belize; and Cozumel, Mexico. The ports are okay. I'm assuming the ports are all the same for the most part. Vendors trying to sell you their souvenirs', knock off handbags and sunglasses, maybe a couple restaurants.

I have 4 kids and was definitely looking forward to relaxing. I was skeptical of being able to do that because there were a lot of kids on the ship BUT... they never once bothered me. They were well behaved and didn't run around everywhere. I think the ship keeps them pretty busy. They have quite a few activities for them to do and the teenagers have their own little club they can go to. I think my kids would have enjoyed it! That's something for us to think about in the future! Less

Read more Navigator of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Navigator of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Navigator of the Seas 2596

The room is exactly what I expected. Clean. The bed was pretty comfortable, the couch was nice to have and so was the vanity. The restroom was fairly small but clean so I can't really complain. Our cabin steward was super friendly.

Snorkeling

If I could give this 10 stars, I would have. This was, by far, my favorite excursion. We booked independently in port with Exotic Eco Adventures to go snorkeling. We had a good 30-45 minute boat ride to a little island named Goff's Caye. There were quite a few people... probably 150... on this island. Our tour guides/ snorkel instructors quickly gave us a group name so we could stick together. They gave us a lesson on how to wear the mask/snorkel, and went over some signals in case we got into some trouble. I had never snorkeled before and was nervous. There were 3 instructors who went with my group into the water (one of them was the medic that was on our boat) and I felt very safe. The views were AWESOME!!! There was a ton of coral, hundreds of beautiful fish, HUGE sand dollars, sea cucumbers, etc. It was breathtaking! I'm not sure how long we were snorkeling but after being called back in, there was bbq chicken, hot dogs, chips, sodas, beer (all for a reasonable price... so bring extra money!), and FREE UNLIMITED rum punch. The guides made this such a fun excursion. We're definitely looking forward to booking with them again!

This was our first cruise and 3rd port to be in. We booked excursions in the other 2 ports and decided not to book one in Cozumel. We probably should have. The jewelry vendors are overly pushy to get you in their stores. We just walked around in port, bought a couple souvenirs for our kids, ate lunch at Senor Frogs... which was the most fun we had at this port. And that's probably not saying much. If we decide to come back, we will have to book an excursion and hopefully that will change my mind.

Read 3084 Cozumel Reviews

Beach Day

(5)

We booked independently through Pirates of the Caribbean for an extreme ziplining adventure and a private beach day at Parrot Tree resort. There were 11 of us (family members) on this excursion. We arrived at port and found the booth for our excursion. Apparently, the company sub-contracts another company to take you on your excursion. So, we all piled into this van that I wasn't too sure was going to make it to our destination. It was definitely an adventure, lol. Probably not for the uptight. You definitely had to have an open mind. Half of my family did the zipline (not me) and said it was amazing. The other half of my family went straight to the private beach at Parrot Tree. I can say this was literally my own little paradise. Blue water, white sand, and reasonably priced fruity adult beverages. We spent 3 hours here before having to return to port. Having the view and relaxation was totally worth the crazy ride to get there.