Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Renee M

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Renee M
Navigator of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Member Name: Renee M
Cruise Date: June 2014
Embarkation: Galveston
See More About: Navigator of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Wonderful Family Vacation

My Grandparents took the family (12 adults total) for a cruise for their 60th Anniversary! The ship, Navigator of the Seas, was amazing. I've never been on a cruise before so I don't have anything to compare it to but I was surprised at how friendly the staff was. We ate at the Wind Jammer (buffet) for breakfast every morning and usually for lunch. At the entrance to every restaurant, there are hand sanitizer stations set up. At dinner, we sat with the family at our assigned tables (my time dining). There were 12 of us and the largest table only accommodated 8, so 4 of us had to rotate each night at a smaller table. The wait staff quickly learned everyone's preferences and as soon as we sat down, they had our tea or half and half for the coffee on the table. The meals were delicious!

We were never bored on the ship. With rock climbing, Flow Rider, basketball, miniature golf, ping pong, swimming pools, ice skating, comedy shows, bars... bars... and more bars... who COULD be bored?!

We stopped in Roatan, Honduras; Belize; and Cozumel, Mexico. The ports are okay. I'm assuming the ports are all the same for the most part. Vendors trying to sell you their souvenirs', knock off handbags and sunglasses, maybe a couple restaurants.

I have 4 kids and was definitely looking forward to relaxing. I was skeptical of being able to do that because there were a lot of kids on the ship BUT... they never once bothered me. They were well behaved and didn't run around everywhere. I think the ship keeps them pretty busy. They have quite a few activities for them to do and the teenagers have their own little club they can go to. I think my kids would have enjoyed it! That's something for us to think about in the future!

Publication Date: 06/13/14