Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Just4today: Never again

Compare Prices on Celebrity Summit Bermuda Cruises

Never again

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

We have cruised many times, over 20, on many different lines. We found this to be the worst, and I don't know where to start. We boarded the ship on Sunday, and there was the worst smell saw e were getting on the ship. Inside was very small, and I found it to smell. There are a few key things that made me realize I made a mistake booking the celebrity summit, and one of them was the staff was not friendly at all. As a matter if fact, there were times I felt like I was bothering them. They didn't smile and were not nice.

The food was absolutely inedible at the buffet. It was so bad we didn't eat for a day or so. We decided with the help of someone we met to try the dining room. The food was better there. So we ate there for breakfast and dinner three or four days. The choices of food were scarce and they clo everything down super early. Except the pizza, which made me sick. Our waiter was ok, not over friendly just fair. Barely got a smile out of him. They are understaffed. More There was always dirty cups and plates all over the place, nobody picking them up.

Our cabin steward was almost a nudie nice. I would tell him we didn't need anything, and he would insist on cleaning or turning the bed down. The cabin was big, we had a window, but it was dated. The bathroom was disgusting and smelled so bad. I cleaned it, I brought Clorox wipes, and it still stunk. The shower was gross, with some mold. The cabin itself was never really cleaned properly.

The entertainment was fair, very no frills. The shows left something to be desired. It also seems like when there was some activities going on we never really heard about it. It was very boring. Not lively. Definately good for older people in their 70's who just want to relax.

Bermuda was beautiful and we were happy to be off the boat for three days. We have been on many different lines, and couldn't believe how much we didn't care for this one. It needs a complete overhaul to bring it up to date with the year 2014 and needs a whole new staff. Maybe some fun activities and friendly service. I'm sorry to say we won't ever cruise the celebrity line again. The last morning we went up to the buffet to grab coffee and I wanted a bowl of at meal. I got a bowl of dirty water. I put it down and walked out, glad that within the hour I would be off the boat. Not to mention, the coffee was overflowing all over the counter. Lastly, in the beginning of our cruise, we were starving because we didn't like the buffet and they gave us the run around for two days about out dining time, so we decided to try our hand at room service. Breakfast ordered was a bowl of oatmeal and two orders of French toast. Two coffees. We got two slices of French Toast and no utensils. I called and asked for the second order of French toast and utensils. It came. I ate my oatmeal with a fork. We tried it again the next day and had a problem again. How aggravating! They got it right the lady time we ordered. But still, the food wasn't all that good. I'm still sick. And the casino was a total bust. So, I hate to say such bad things, but it's all true. If you are thinking about celebrity, the summit anyway, I would rethink that choice. I would chose another line. Less

Read more Celebrity Summit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Summit Review >>

Port was stinky when we left but ok coming back. Very good job getting us there quickly and leaving quickly.