Voyager Cruise Review by The other side of life: Great ship - lousy administration

The other side of life
Member Since 2014

Great ship - lousy administration

Sail Date: March 2014
Destination: Asia
Embarkation: Bangkok (Laem Chabang)

Voyages of Discovery - Voyager Cruise 2014

The cruise, ship and staff on board were fabulous - but the administration/information related to this company stinks - if you doubt that then read my review.

I had booked the trip with a travel agent through to Portsmouth on 7 Nov 2012. Then I got a job and had to change to a different, shorter package in Mar/Apr 2013, no way I cold have the original 3 months away. I think that a request was sent for me to leave the cruise at Mumbai - the information gave the wrong impression. The agent sent me an email trail to show me the problems she was having making the change and I emailed all of the addresses in the trail and CCd the agency manager so he would know what was going on. The answer was that I could get off the ship anywhere but had to pay the fare right through to Portsmouth.

It got to a point where I had to tell EVERYONE including the cruise company, to have a look at their own website, at the packages they More offered through the link I sent them. Quote came through in May 2013 and I gave the go ahead. Had to keep telling them on the 4 May 2013 that I wanted what was offered in that package. The company asked for my sisters details so we assumed they must have changed the booking. Never did receive formal acceptance or acknowledgment of the change.

Paid my final payment on 21 October 2013 - and waited and waited.

Was not advised to get the land excursion forms from the website but one day I was looking at the site and discovered I should have put them in ages ago. Filled in the land excursion booking form on the 14th Jan 2014. At the bottom of the form it says to send to your travel agent and pay on the ship, so I sent the forms to the travel agent. I received an email to tell me I had to fax the forms with my credit card details to the company in Sydney . I am not yet silly enough to put my credit card details on anything that goes into cyberspace so I faxed the forms to Sydney and asked them to phone me for payment. I carried my phone around all day expecting a call only to discover that night that I had the right information at the start.

Still waiting for our tickets with 30 days to go when I was informed I needed to register with the Cruise company. News to me never having been on a cruise before. So I logged on and tried the number I thought was needed to register. All I could get was "Booking Invalid". Then I tried another number and was told "Booking Cancelled" WHAT????? I had paid over $20,000 and the money had been accepted WHAT??? Everyone got an email that expressed my feeling about that! The next day I was told that there was a new booking number but no-one bothered to pass the message on. Finally I entered our details on the Cruise company website.

We arrived in Bangkok a day early to rest and get our bearings. We were supposed to be contacted by SOMEONE on the first official day of the trip 2/3/2014 to advise us about the sightseeing extension purchased as part of the holiday package. I had received information that a desk would be set up by the land provider in the foyer - so we spent the day looking for the desk. At about 4 in the afternoon a member of the Reception team at the hotel contacted the land excursion provider who finally provided the information we needed. So we wasted a whole day that we could have used to see Bangkok.

During the last days of our cruise we were given the itinerary for our overland tour, no - one had seen the itinerary before boarding the ship even though it was requested several times. We realised that our flight had been booked for 8:55 am on the morning on the last day of sightseeing and advised the booking office on board the ship, of this issue - SO WE MISSED THE WHOLE DAY AGAIN thanks to someone stuffing up the booking.

Staff on board Voyager knew about this the day they handed us the itinerary!!! I went straight to the booking desk, they took the original and wrote details of the problem.

Voyages of Discovery has done nothing to resolve this issue. Two months have passed and my patience has run out. They owe my sister and I for three meals and the whole day sightseeing in Jaipur and all I get in answer is "we are looking in to it". Less

Read more Voyager cruise reviews >>