Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Keke27: Allure of the Seas exceeded our expectations

Keke27
Member Since 2012

Cabin Not Rated
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Allure of the Seas exceeded our expectations

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Bahamas

What a fantastic cruise. We went on the cruise just to experience the Allure of the Seas. She was wonderful. The embarkation was simple for us as Diamond members. Just as we got on board they announced the rooms were ready and we headed that way. Room was lovely - a standard ocean balcony room. Headed to lunch. While my husband and son headed to the Windjammer I headed to the Park Cafe after studying Cruise Critic . Loved it so much I pretty much went there for all my lunches - even converted my son after a couple of days.

The ship is as spectacular as the descriptions and there was always something to do or not. Central Park at night with a small jazz band was delightful. Royal Promenade was always active. While there was a non-smoking section in the casino, it was still bothersome. Would be nice if they could be non-smoking like Celebrity is.

Food in the main dinning room was okay. We went there twice I think (had to go for lobster night). Chops was our favorite More and ship to ship it never changes and is always great. We liked Samba's too and was surprised there weren't more people there. Being in the Solarium, while a pretty location, seemed off the beaten path, but the food was very good. Also, went to Rita's and enjoyed that too.

The Diamond lounge was a good spot for watching the parades and we loved, loved the cocktail time in Blazes. Our hostess was so wonderful as was the bar staff.

Ocean Aria was the best show on any cruise ship -- we actually saw it twice. We very much enjoyed the Aqua Theater. Could have skipped Chicago - music was good but the stage was very dark - more lighting might have helped. Blue Planet and Ice Shows were also entertaining and we would see those again. Adult Comedy Show was fun.

Allure had the BEST gym ever. And how nice is it to have a track that is under cover and you don't have to walk around chairs and people enjoying the pool. This was a very popular place.

Overall, it was a great ship and a great cruise. I would go back on the Allure in a heartbeat! Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>