Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by kunta67: First time on Allure

Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

First time on Allure

Sail Date: May 2014

My wife and I have been on a couple of RCI cruises on Navigator and Liberty but this was our first time on an Oasis class ship. We absolutely loved our cruise on Allure and we've been debating how easy would it be to go back to a smaller ship with less options.

We ate a lot at the Park Cafe, Cafe Promenade, The Boardwalk Dog House, and the MDR. We enjoyed eating at Park Cafe because they had bagels, yogurts, and fruit which is our usual morning breakfast. We ate there for a lunch a couple of days and of course got the roast beef sandwich. This was the first RCI cruise that we didn't step foot in Windjammer which is usually unheard of because of all the food options Allure offered. The food in the MDR was pretty good and our servers were very engaged with our table. I would also recommend 150 Central Park to anyone that loves good food. The menu and execution of the food was spot on. Although they do split the menus depending on the day of the week so definitely pay attention More to that.

I got the premium package and it was well worth it my opinion although I did tip the waiters because I enjoyed getting frequent drinks. The casino bar stuff was excellent and the shows were great. OceanAria is definitely a must see along with Chicago. The marriage game show was pretty funny because we had honeymooners who told the entire audience they consummated one night in one of the internet cafe's on the ship.

This is a great ship and there's a lot of things you can do and it never felt crowded to me despite the shear size of the ship. Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas 7672

Perfectly situated between the Boardwalk and Central Park. I would highly recommend deck 7 aft so you can go between the 2 neighborhoods on the ship.