MSC Magnifica Cruise Review by kstares: Fantastic Cruise, well worth the money.

kstares
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on MSC Magnifica Europe - Black Sea Cruises

Fantastic Cruise, well worth the money.

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Europe - Black Sea
Embarkation: Amsterdam

Just returned home after a Magnificent 11 day cruise. Having never been to Europe and having read the reviews, I had very low expectations. Well, this trip was fantastic. Embarkation was very easy and quick. Our cabin which was a balcony on the rear of the ship was spacious and immaculate. We have 9229 which has a little extra hallway attached to the room which made for more storage and very private. Food, PERFECT. I'm not sure what people expect based on reviews I read but our experience in the dining room was nothing less than perfect. There were a couple of meals I didn't care for but that was because I tried something new that didn't appeal to me. Our servers, Hugo and Stephan were on it and had our lemons and beers ready to put on the table every night when we arrived. Food presentation was great and food arrived hot. The buffet had a good variety. Only problem we incurred was pushing and cutting the lines by certain people. Can't expect manners by all and that is not the cruise More lines fault. The shows were very good. Being from the US we enjoyed the European feel to some of the shows. This trip was our once in a lifetime trip and we have no regrets. I recommend this ship and this itenary to all. LOVED all the ports and realize that cruising gives you a taste of each place. Although there were only 69 Americans on the ship we were never made to feel shunned. Less

Read more MSC Magnifica cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Magnifica Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Magnifica 9229

Nice clean room, loved the extra hallway that gave us more storage. Also very quiet as the hall blocked all noise. Very Ikea looking.

Loved Belfast. We hired Paddy from Belfast Black Cab Tours. (Be sure to get the right one. ) He was fantastic and the areas of the coast are amazing. Loved the rope bridge and the giants causeway. The tour of the city and murals really makes you think and appreciate what the people of Belfast have gone thru.

Read 44 Belfast Reviews

Beautiful area and easy city to walk around. Majority of museums are free. We enjoyed the art museum and the newspaper museum. Took and exterior tour of the Jameson distillery but felt the cost was too high to warrant going in.

Read 77 Dublin Reviews