Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by charsin

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by charsin
Navigator of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Member Name: charsin
Cruise Date: May 2014
Embarkation: Galveston
See More About: Navigator of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+

Great Vacation!

I was a little worried about this cruise because I read so many bad reviews about leaving out of Galveston. We had a fabulous time, with little complaints if any. We traveled with 11 people, 3 families and kids all over the age of 19. We flew from Ohio to Houston Busch airport a day before the cruise. We booked super shuttle to take us to our hotel. Once we picked up our luggage there was a supper shuttle desk in the baggage claim area where we checked in and was on our way in about 10 minutes. I pre-paid this ahead of time and it cost me $125 for 5 people.

The Super shuttle took us to South Shore Harbour Resort in League City Texas about 40 minutes from airport. I tried to book hotels in Galveston but they where all booked up because of Memorial Day weekend. I paid $105 for the night. The pool was beautiful with a swim up bar and a DJ playing music. That evening we went to Kemah Boardwalk that is about 5 miles from hotel. We had a great time there. My only complaints are the beds where small, and at 1:00AM our smoke detector started chirping every now and then. Finally at 3:00AM I called the front desk and they sent someone up to change the batteries.

Super Shuttle picked us up next morning about noon and took us to cruise port. Paid $95 for this. Going into Galveston was really crowded and he knew a short cut so we avoided all the traffic. Got to the cruise port, checked in with ease. Gold members had their own line so we did not have to wait.

I had no problems with the ship or our room. We had a balcony 7298. We only saw our room attendant once. She came in and introduced herself. She did everything we needed so I never needed to contact her. We brought bottled water onboard with us and I had to go pick that up the next day. For whatever reason they don't deliver them to the room. We ate dinner every night in main dining room at 8:00PM. The pool was always crowded but we seemed to find chairs. This is our 4th cruise with RC. The pool staff seemed to be missing. We had to go up to pool bar to get drinks. Before on cruises they would hound you for drinks. I kind of miss that. I think its because tips are included now so they don't seemed so urgent to get you drinks. We went to Schooner bar every night at 7:30 before dinner to play trivia. Our group won two or three times. It was fun then we all went to dinner. After dinner we usually went to casino for a little bit. We did so go see the quest show...if you have never been to one of these you need to go see it and get there early because seats go quick. We also saw the comedian show, it was pretty funny and entertaining. We ate a Johnny rockets for lunch a few times. Its good, and all you can eat for $5.95. A few of us played bingo, thats fun even though we didn't win. We also bought the alcohol package before boarding. If you buy ahead of time everyone in your room must buy. TIP: friend of ours did not buy alcohol package before boarding but went up and purchased it on the first day. He only bought for himself. He was not forced to buy for his wife.

Excursions: We stopped in Cozumel. We did not book anything here. We went to senor frogs which is at the end of the pier. We hung out there and at the beach there. We had a great time. Did a little shopping.

Next stop was Grand Cayman. We booked the swim with the stingrays. It was an awesome experience. I would recommend it. My only complaint was we took a catamaran boat there and I thought it would be more entertaining. Usually on these boats they have drinking, snacks and some dancing or games. Our last stop was Jamaica and we did Dunns River Falls and a dolphin encounter. I had been before but was going because our friends wanted too. It was fun...make sure you have water shoes for the falls.

To get off ship Gold members have their own waiting room and it was nice. Once we where called we exited and got off before other passengers. Once off the boat I called supper shuttle and they where there in 20 minutes to get us and take us to airport. Paid $200 for 5 people, that includes the tip.

We had a GREAT time and even booked another one for next year while on the ship. They where offering a buy one get one 50% off so we will be cruising again next year! Can't wait...

Publication Date: 06/12/14