Thomson Celebration Cruise Review by area: First but not the last

First but not the last

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Other
Embarkation: Other

We have just returned from the Aegean and the holy land on the CELEBRATION and we had a great holiday. We had read some bad reviews about this ship but I don't know why. We were in an adapted cabin as I am disabled and we were pleasantly surprised how big it was, It had a fixed bed which they call Queen size but in fact it is King size any very comfortable. We were looking forward out of the ships window which made a change from only seeing one side of the ship. The steward who looked after us was called Ver and was so helpful and attended to all our needs. The bathroom is still small but would accommodate a wheelchair if needed. I used my electric scooter on board and as the lifts are out of bounds when the safety drill takes place the staff came for me and took me to my muster station. Fortunately for them it was only one deck below. I say that because I am no light weight Getting back to the lifts, when we first used them I was trapped by the doors each time so we reported this and More the next day it was fixed and we had no more bother . Everything on this cruise was good. The food.in all the eating places, the drinks were good and not watery and we never had any bother finding a sun bed although most days we preferred a shady spot as it was very hot especially in Israel. As I find that hardly anyone who is disabled tells it as it is so I hope this will help in a small way.

We have already booked our next cruise for Christmas and are looking forward to It but it is on the majesty We hope it will be as good. I did not go on any excursions but my husband went to Jerusalem and found it tiring but the guide was very knowledgeable so he enjoyed it very much. We got off the ship in Antalia and had a lovely wander about. Roll on Xmas. Less

Read more Thomson Celebration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Celebration Review >>

Cabin review: Thomson Celebration 101

Did all it needed to do

This port was negotiable in my scooter but a bit of high ramps . We were given help when needed and so I did not feel a encumberment.