Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Mako29: Norwegian Dawn March 2014

Compare Prices on Norwegian Dawn Western Caribbean Cruises

Norwegian Dawn March 2014

Sail Date: March 2014
Embarkation: Tampa

Embarkation was a breeze - very quick and informative. Relative to dining, we found the buffet of good quality and variety however, they seemed to use green peppers in everything and some of the brown sauces were extremely salty. Also in the buffet area, there was constantly water on the floors below the ice machines and some of them did not work at all. Also it looked like there was some mildew underneath the ice dispenser. In the Italian restaurant, the ossobuco was tender and flavorful however the pork was somewhat dry for this type of dish. In the Brazilian restaurant, the food was very good - the meats and side dishes were authentic and delicious. However, the waiters only came by once for each type of meat served and when I asked the waiter for an additional order of garlic steak and filet, he brought over a small plate of well done garlic steak and a piece of well done filet that I did not eat - not appetizing at all. The sushi bar was excellent. But overall, the dining More experience was very positive. There was good variety of choices and lots of fresh fruits/vegetables. When it comes to Free Style dining flexibility is key, either go earlier or later than usual to avoid having to wait and be seated more to your preference.

As for the entertainment, the performers were professional and talented. Mike the comedian was excellent. However, there were two skits - one the Second City skit where they were spewing/spitting a substance (soft serve ice cream) into the actors hands and the second was the skit by the crew where they would spit/spew water from their mouths onto each other. I am not making this up or embellishing what I saw, this actually took place and I found it to be juvenile and disgusting.

The room was clean and was kept clean by our very attentive room attendant, Jason. And we tipped him accordingly for his excellent service.

As for the excursions, our favorite was the Mayan ruins in Belize which included an hour long bus trip to the

45 minute boat ride to the walking tour of the ruins. Our tour guide was excellent - very personable and informative. He made the time on the bus and the boat ride seem shorter than it actually was. This was an all day affair but definitely worth it.

Roatan, The excursions were ok - not much to see or do there however in Costa Maya there was even less to see and do. I had signed up for a dive trip there but unfortunately it was cancelled due to high winds. I was able to take a shallow water dive trip in Cozumel. It was nice, very pretty but limited sea life, as we were close to shore and not far from the cruise ships. If you do not dive very often or have limited access to Caribbean and warm water diving, then this might be an excellent dive for you. I live in Florida and dive all across the state and in the Caribbean.

All in all, it was a very nice trip and we would consider Norwegian again in the future.

To sum it all up, we had a very nice time and would consider Norwegian again in the future. Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>