Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by meyer_22: WOW - an Oasis of Family Fun!!!
Overall Member Rating
WOW - an Oasis of Family Fun!!!
Destination: Western Caribbean
Embarkation: Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
Just a great trip from start to finish. Perfect way for our two girls (6&8) to experience their first cruise. There is so much to do on this ship it's impossible to list it all. Highlights:
* Central Park is really unique and amazing that it's on a cruise ship, very peaceful and rarely crowded.
* Boardwalk - our kids loved the carousel and the donut shop.
* Entertainment - top notch, the diving show and Come Fly with Me were impressive. The ice show also did not disappoint.
* Main Dining Room - it's subjective, and it's not a gourmet meal, but it was much better than any large banquet I've been to. There were plenty of choices, and we had great service (best service we have had on a ship).
* Staff - all very friendly and helpful. We were always greeted with a smile and a good morning/afternoon/evening. Our girls always got smiles and attention. The bar staff was friendly and poured good drinks, Dennis M. in the Schooner Bar was top More notch, great Martinis and a fun guy to chat with.
We had very few complaints, but I'll highlight a few areas for improvement:
* Kids camp hours - wish it were open earlier than 9am, makes it hard for active/fitness parents to work out in the AM. Also wish the afternoon session started at 1pm instead of 2.
* Singers - I think this is hit and miss, but neither the piano bar singer or Pub singer were the best.
* Port Days - it would be nice if the carousel, rock wall, donut shop were open earlier on port days. For those who stay on the ship there is less to do these days.
* Debark - line for customs was horrendous, we might have hit it at the wrong time but it took 45 minutes or so.
Overall we had a great trip. The next cruise with the kids will be on OOTS or AOTS. When we cruise without kids I think we prefer a smaller ship as you can almost forget you are at sea on this boat! Less
Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>
Cabin review: 7230
Cabin was all we could ask of a JR suite, it was laid out well and the balcony was large. We had two chairs, a small table, and two loungers on the balcony which were very nice. The bathroom with a full tub was the best. We had our two kids (6&8) in the room with us. I highly recommend a JR suite or above when traveling with kids. No noticeable noise from any public areas. Convienent deck for and location for getting to the Boardwalk, Schooner Bar, Promenade, and Central Park.
Port and Shore Excursions
Nice pier, easy embark/debark, security was efficient and polite/easy. The Port area is clean and has lots of shops and some local vendors. There is NO authentic local food, all very touristy, and the beer prices are crazy ($5 for a red stripe). This is very touristy/Disney Jamaica.
We did not leave the port area, just shopped and went back to the boat. It is disappointing that most of the excursions require a rather lengthy drive from the boat.
We like Labadee much more than CoCo Cay. Lots of beach options, nice sandy bottom, plenty of loungers. Would be nicer if there were more options for food than the standard BBQ buffet, and it is a bit of a hike depending on where you camp out on the beach. Maybe it was the section of beach we were on but the bar staff could have been more plentiful.
We didn't. Do any of the zip lines, activities, etc so I cannot comment.
Loved all of it!
Wouldn't do Carnival again.
If you want a quick getaway wi...
Loved all of it!
Amazing Anniversary Trip
Oasis of the Seas May 14 2016
Oasis May 14, 2016 AWESOME Cru...