Viking Forseti Cruise Review by MalibooNewYork: More than two thumbs up

More than two thumbs up

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: France
Embarkation: Other

You have heard the phrase "all thumbs"? If I had more than two thumbs I would point them all upwards for this cruise. We had a wonderful time.

We cruised on the Forseti from Bordeaux on May 24 on the Dordogne, Gironde, and Garonne Rivers.

The ship and the cabins are comfortable and very clean, The beds are to die for with a dreamy duvet. And the heated bathroom floor is a nice touch and very welcome when you get up in the morning.

Hospitality is exceptional. Passengers are greeted with a welcome and a drink when arriving back to the ship after an excursion. One personal example--we were sitting on the outdoor section of the Aquavit Lounge as they were preparing for a reception for veteran Viking customers. As we were not, we offered to leave but the hostess urged us to stay and brought over glasses of champagne.

We enjoyed all of the planned excursions. Our one optional excursion to Chateaux Siurac (sp?) was wonderful. Besides touring the grounds, More eating a delicious lunch, we were given a tour of the owner's home. How often are you allowed to wander through the rooms seeing the owner's dvd player, TV, etc. It was a real home. And, the owner was a delightful, charming man.

I also heard good reports from those that took the Cognac and the Arcachon optional excursions.

I also thought the cruise struck a nice balance between planned activities and down time. We docked in a convenient location from which it was very convenient to explore Bordeaux, a fascinating city.

Transfers went smoothly and there were always Viking people around to help.

But, I've left the best for last because I don't have the vocabulary to describe the choices, tastiness, excellent preparation, kind service, attention to detail. it was spectacular!

Well done, Viking. Less

Read more Viking Forseti cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Viking Forseti Review >>

Cabin review: Viking Forseti 111

Quiet. Comfortable. Beds especially nice. A little tight but that was to be expected. More than satisfied with room. enough 110v outlets. Heated bathroom floor. Flat screen TV. Good lighting for reading.