Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by kwalk55: Our great vacation on Carnival Splendor

kwalk55
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Carnival Splendor Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Our great vacation on Carnival Splendor

Sail Date: May 2014
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

This was a fabulous vacation. This is the first time I have cruised with family and friends together it was a great time and the ship was great.

Embarking...I have to say i am not sure i would go out of NYC again. The people up there are SOOOOO rude. We went to drop people off before we returned the van we rented. Mistakingly we got into where you park if you park by the ship. We asked a policeman where we just dropped people off and he was nice but the parking lady was so rude and told us to NOT talk to any police they are there just for fleet week. SO RUDE!!!

We were in room 2332 and it was great. We only sleep in our room so having a ocean view room and not a balcony room is plenty sufficient for us. The balcony rooms are no bigger they just have the balcony.

The lido deck in the middle of the ship is where we like to hang out because they are always having contests and fun things to do there. My only complaint is that this is the first ship that I have More ever gone on that there were no hot tubs right in the middle area. So I did not get as much hot time time as I like to get. My choice. My family likes to be where the action is.

We ate in the Golden Pearl room. Our staff was very accommodating. I can not have food with Gluten and our main waitress Sheila always made sure I looked at the menu for the next day to pick out a meal and always made sure I had gluten free bread. ( I ate it ONLY because she was so nice to make sure i had it, otherwise gluten free bread is awful) The food was REALLY good on this ship.

There was PLENTY of seating and plenty of places to get food on the lido deck we never had a problem finding seats. The burrito bar and the mongolian bar were awesome and the Tandori bar was great from what my husband and son said also. They even will make gluten free pizza.

The shows were good. The hypnotist was amazing. My son was a part of it and he was amazed as were we all. Unfortunately we missed the last show on the last night I am sure it was fabulous. Never miss those.

I was happy to see that Carnival had hand sanitizers outside the ship at each port. I was told by a family member that they did not. I was happy to prove her wrong.

One day we woke up and there were towel animals and towel people on EVERY chair on the lido deck. AMAZING! You have no idea what a silly little thing like that does for me. I love my bed buddies lol. the staff goes out of there way to make everything fun!!

I would so recommend this ship. My favorite design ...not really ...but all in all a great time. Less

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Splendor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Splendor Oceanview Main 2332

our room was great!

Kayaking

Clear kyaking. The water was beautiful. When we got to the end and went for a walk on part of the island we were shown all kinds of sea life, conch, sea cucumber, lobster, starfish, they pointed out some pink flamingos hanging around. It was a nice peaceful way to see the area. Our guide was very informative. loved it!!

Canopy Zipline

Zip lining was a blast. Very safe, and the staff were fabulous. Friendly , helpful and nice. Would so do it again. I am out of shape and could still do it and was not sore which I was told I might be.

Culinary Excursion

My husband and son in law went on the excursion where you make a mojoito and mufongo. Lots of food...lots of walking...but great time had by all!! They loved it!

Catamaran Tour

Champagne catamaran was so much fun. Again the staff was amazing. They were energetic and entertaining. We snorkeled but you don't have to. Lots to drink and nice snacks of cheese and fruit and bread on the way back after the water activities. Our whole group of 13 people did this excursion and most said it was their favorite one.