Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by atcfumblefoot: Griping passengers

Compare Prices on Celebrity Infinity Transatlantic Cruises

Griping passengers

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: Transatlantic

Yes, we had a boarding delay and were inconvenienced for a few days after a Norovirus outbreak. Having had Norovirus once, I was not put out by the delays and inconveniences as it is a miserable and highly contagious disease. This being said, I felt the Infinity crew went above and beyond in trying to please the CDC and the passengers both. Things returned to a normal shipboard routine within three days or so. And, as far as I know, no one got sick! The crew already works more hours in a day than a typical American worker would dream of! Yet petty things are being said of rude service and a lack of understanding English. I never experienced this. I met only kind, pleasant crew members who did their best to please. I did feel that corporate had cut staff, especially the Activities staff, radically. Rachel and Shawna ran themselves ragged from early morning until late in the evening to provide entertainment. For a trans-Atlantic cruise, this was no time to cut staff as there are many More days at sea with people who feel entitled to be treated like royalty all the time. The wait staff work at the breakfast and lunch buffet as well as serving dinner. Rarely did I encounter one who was rude or unpleasant despite being overworked.

The ship was kept spotless at all times. I never smelled a public restroom that smelled like a cat box. And, I know having several cats! The public areas were generally well kept.

As for the entitled, spoiled passengers, where else could one vacation provided all of the meals, lodging, and entertainment for the price of a cruise? It's time to stop dwelling on the little inconveniences and thank the captain and crew for a safe and enjoyable experience. Less

Read more Celebrity Infinity cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Infinity Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Infinity 7311

Great cabin with wonderful stewards who could not do enough to please us.