Golden Princess Cruise Review by Ferry Beach Kayaker: Alaska is beautiful

Alaska is beautiful

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

We just returned home from our 7 night cruise on the Golden Princess. We cruised the inner passage of southwest Alaska on a round trip from Seattle. Our three adult children and my daughter's partner accompanied us. We usually cruise on Holland America but decided to try Princess.

Our room was nice and comfortable. We had an outside obstructed view cabin. The Golden Princess had 2600+ passengers and getting on and off the ship in port usually meant waiting in long lines. The food was plentiful but not upscale. The buffet area is way to small for the number of people that use it. They served the same breakfast in the buffet area every morning. We ate dinner in the fixed seating restaurant. Our waiter was excellent so it felt like fine dinning. The food was OK but not great, We enjoyed the ports of Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan and Victoria. although we only had about four hours in Ketchikan and Victoria. Which was a shame. I think the cruise line makes more money when you are on More board and less when you are off the ship in port.

Overall we had a very nice family vacation.vAlthough I am not sure if I will I try Princess again. Less

Read more Golden Princess cruise reviews >>