Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by vanvleckeren

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by vanvleckeren
Celebrity Reflection
Celebrity Reflection
Member Name: vanvleckeren
Cruise Date: May 2014
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
See More About: Celebrity Reflection Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Wonderful cruise, great ports

I have sailed with Royal Caribbean several times in the past few years but had never sailed with Celebrity before. The first thing I noticed was the much easier embarkation process, followed by the selection and quality of food in the buffet. The ship had lots of room and different places to go, and never seemed crowded.

The ship is really beautiful. We sailed in regular verandah rooms and were very happy with the room. It was similar to a mini suite on Royal Caribbean.

The port director and concierge were very good with providing advice and information on what to,do in the various ports and how to get around. It was also a nice touch that there was a lecturer who provided historical background on the different ports.

We ate twice in the Lawn Club Grill - once for lunch and once for dinner - and really enjoyed it. I was surprised that the Lawn Club Grill wasn't open for lunch on sea days.

The main dining room was OK but didn't knock my socks off. The servers seemed much more stretched than on other cruises I have taken. It was harder to find the waiter, assistant waiter and sommelier, and our relationship with them was much more limited than on previous cruises.

Our room attendant was excellent and very sweet. We particularly liked the Molecular Bar. The gym was large and I had 5 personal training sessions that were very good.

My only complaint on the ports is that I wish,we had a full day in Santorini, rather than arriving at 2pm. I would have preferred more time in Santorini rather than Mykonos.

All in all, an excellent cruise.

Publication Date: 06/10/14