Celebrity Millennium 1

“Lost faith in Celebrity”
Cruise review of Celebrity Millennium

sevengifts
Member Since 2007
194 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

We have cruised around 30 times, about twice a year. Having traveled with Celebrity in the Baltic a few years ago and enjoyed it, we wanted to give it a second try. And this itinerary made sense for us as a restful means to get back home after 3 fascinating but exhausting weeks touring China. What a mistake: we would have been better off flying 14+ hours home.

Aqua class is a joke, we did not get priority embarkation..heck, we didn't get ANY help at embarkation, there wasn't a Celebrity person to be found when we got off the (Celebrity) transfer bus from the airport. We had to haul all our luggage through the din of a huge, crowed customs hall -there was a concert going on- looking for someone to take our stuff and direct us to check in, where a group - non Aqua, even though sign said Aqua/ Con. - blatently cut in front of us as we got to the counter. The Celebrity reps did nothing (they later apologized to us and hinted that it was a "cultural trait" and not worth More reprimending).

Our cabin was tired, smelled, nothing special about it. I will not repeat what has already been said about Blu and other restaurants and the service therein or about illnesses onboard. I fully agree.

Then there was the passport fiasco! In Petropavlosk the Russians insisted that they wanted to re-review all passports prior to giving the ship clearance to depart. Having been to Russian and other "difficult" ports in the past, I recall it's standard procedure for the cruise lines to collect guest passports as they come back from shore visits and to ORGANIZE them in a rational way (alpha or cabin #) so they know exactly which may be missing. Celebrity did not collect upon return until late in the day, then had guest dump their passports in boxes in no order whatsoever. I had to insist that they give us "receipts" for ours, because according to them it "wasn't necessary". Well, to me it was, and I got them and so did the folks who came after us. The result was that the ship was delayed for 5-6 hours while officers frantically made announcements trying to collect passports without knowing whose were missing. We lost faith on the ability of Celebrity to navigate basic logistics in remote ports and cacelled back-to-back cruises with them (Singapore- Dubai-Rome) in 2015. On the positive side the Cruise Director, Steve ,and his assistant Charlotte were very pleasant and professional. Our room steward was phenomenal, and disembarkation went very smoothly. I've never been happier getting off a ship!! Less

Celebrity Millennium Cruises to Asia

Published 06/10/14

Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Millennium Review

Celebrity Millennium Cruises to Asia

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?