Carnival Pride Cruise Review by OpenSeaz: Old ship with a great crew

OpenSeaz
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises

Old ship with a great crew

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

We have previously sailed on the Victory and the Glory so the Pride is the smallest ship we have been on. I was surprised by the smell of the smoke when we boarded since you board on the same level and right by the casino. We purchased the FTTF and were disappointed when we got to our cabin and it had a layer of dust covering the entire desk/T.V. area. We also had a print/outline on the balcony door of a womans breasts! Even after speaking directly with our cabin steward it still took a call to Housekeeping before the room was cleaned again. We were also disappointed that our luggage took so long to arrive since that was part of the FTTF.

The ship most definitely shows her age. Many trim/border/corners were chipped, cracked, broken or missing. Almost every elevator we got in had the decorative trim broken. It all seemed to be minor cosmetic issues that will hopefully be repaired when she is put into Dry Dock this fall. The A/C in our room ran constantly but the room never More seemed to cool. It took 3 trips to Guest Services before it began to cool (but still ran nonstop).

During our trip I kept smelling a sewage smell, stronger at times than others, that I don't remember smelling on our other cruises.

We did use the laundry room at the very front on Deck 6 which had 2 washers and 4 dryers, each $3.00 in quarters to use with a soap vendor of $1.00. They also had an iron you could use.

We did like having the special line at Guest Services as part of the FTTF. They did refund our $$$ for that since our room wasn't clean and our luggage took so long to arrive.

This was our 1st time having Anytime Dining and I enjoyed the flexibility of it and since none of the waiters we had were "over-the-top" we moved around each night to a different spot and different waiter.

Get to the Serenity Area early if you want a spot. Not sure why they have such a small hot tub back there but at least there is one and a small pool.

The embarkation and debarkation in Baltimore was fast and smooth. The crew very friendly and helpful. The food was good and the entertainment was OK. My husband cruises for the ship life and I for the ports. It was an OK cruise but not "great" my any means. Due to the closeness of the port I would sail the Pride again AFTER her time in dry dock. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Balcony Empress 6115

We purchased the FTTF and were disappointed when we got to our cabin and it had a layer of dust covering the entire desk/T.V. area. We also had a print/outline on the balcony door of a womans breasts! Even after speaking directly with our cabin steward it still took a call to Housekeeping before the room was cleaned again. The A/C in our room ran constantly but the room never seemed to cool. It took 3 complaints to Guest Services before it began to cool (but still ran nonstop). We had a cabin that connected to another and felt the noise coming through was excessive. We were also at the very front of the ship and many of the activities and the dining room were at the rear so we did a lot of walking back and forth. Our balcony was huge and had 2 chairs, a small table and a lounger! The location was not private due to the fact that anyone on the bridge could look right down at us and the wind was very strong, especially on the way home when we were doing 20+ knots. Due to the wind and lack of privacy I don't feel like the big balcony was worth it. I would rather be mid-ship next time to be central to all activities and I will NEVER get a connecting room again unless the rest of my party is in that connecting room. The room was spacious and didn't show too much age. The mattress comfy. Julius, our Cabin Steward, kept our portable cooler filled with ice the whole time and he was always checking with us when we saw him in the hall.