Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by marybethhuebner

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by marybethhuebner
Norwegian Epic
Norwegian Epic
Member Name: marybethhuebner
Cruise Date: May 2014
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)
Destination: Western Mediterranean

Family of 6 Adults

We chose this cruise as a present to my two daughters who are adults. Due to time constraints with one just graduating law school and then having to prepare for the bar...it was one of only two cruises we could take. Some ideas of mine from the cruise.

First I have sailed before 5 times on Carnival and once on the Allure with Royal. I thought the itinerary was amazing and as such a lot of the flaws with the ship were not so evident. One is that you have to walk through the casino for everything. Not only do you have to walk through but the smoking section is in the center where people are walking while the non smoking section is to the edge. (I even play poker and found it annoying).

Second the food service is as slow as everybody complains about in the main dining rooms. I found the service very lack luster. I missed having a set time for dining and a staff that remembered us. (Rodney in Taste was fantastic. The only one I can say that about.)

Room service is good. While interior rooms tend to be very small.

Entertainment was so-so. I was tired most nights and did not do much. My husband and Daughter went to Cirque and really enjoyed it. Blue man group I could not sit through. But that has something to do with me and not necessarily the performance. Graffiti Classics was great.

Embarking and disembarking in Rome was a cinch. Might be because there were a lot less of us than in Barcelona.

Publication Date: 06/10/14