Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by lawgrl

Vision of the Seas
Member Name: lawgrl
Cruise Date: May 2014
Embarkation: Cozumel
See More About: Vision of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Vision of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Vision of the Seas Deck Plans
NEVER AGAIN! - Vision of the Seas & Royal Caribbean

Service was acceptable. Room service - on the 2 occasions I ordered it - took an hour+ each time. Both times I received stuff I didn't order, not extra stuff, but replacement stuff. Wednesday we didn't even do dinner because it was all nasty. Breakfast was purely disappointing, the food was stale, dry, hard, etc. No flavor. The juices were watered down to the point that they were only distinguishable as juice based on their color, it was like drinking water tinted with food coloring. The desserts had no flavor, pretty much like eating sponges. The ship was clean. It was an older ship, so we expected it to be a little busted, but it really wasn't, it was a nice ship - in appearance. The food was a huge disappointment. We all were excited to eat and gain a little weight, but we actually lost weight because we didn't eat much. My parents got back from their 3rd cruise in October, and we had seen their daily itineraries, so we were looking forward to doing some of the activities -which on their ship were every 15-30 minutes. Our ship only had activities going on every hour - and they all sucked. There were 4 events that we even attended, because we're not really into cabaret lounge music. I was waiting for something from my lifetime to be played, but nada. I'm almost 34, I figured there would be something. So out of the 4 events we attended, one was labeled a "sushi-making", but it was actually just a demonstration - it sucked. The 2nd one was a napkin-folding class, the people running it never showed up. The comedy show - Chris Bliss - was not that funny. He made me laugh maybe twice and the best part of his gig was a juggling presentation to close his comedy performance. And the 4th event was seeing Ride Along in the movie theater - which was blurry and you couldn't see it clearly. So, to say that going to a napkin-folding class was the highlight of my activity agenda should pretty much sum it up. The pool movie screen played This is Us - The One Direction Movie MORE THAN ONCE and it was always filled to the max with 12 year olds. There was only one SMALL outdoor pool, the other was in a Solarium which was enclosed with glass - adults only - but it felt like a damn greenhouse in there. Waiting for drinks took 20-30 minutes. Getting a soda at dinner took 20 minutes, dinner itself at the main dining room took 2-2.5 hours to complete. Cabaret music everywhere. We actually looked forward to going back to our rooms to watch the same episodes of Molly & Mike & The Big Bang Theory over and over. Getting off the boat for the excursions at port took AT LEAST an hour. The excursions were the best part because we were off that boat, and could do what we wanted and eat what we wanted.

I expected an old boat, that wasn't a concern, but to not have anything going on to appeal to people under 78 was absurd and to have food that rated lower that SOS jail food was just ridiculous. We just referred to our time on the boat as state prison, because federal prisons have more going for them.

Also, I prepaid for our drink packages. The hustler on the phone said that if we wanted to drink coffee, we HAD to get the coffee/juice package at $20/day. My husband drinks coffee like a fool, so I had to get it. Come to find out, coffee is free, it's the premium coffee (lattes, etc.) that you need the extra package for. We didn't need that. So, I cancelled it. They said they were refunding the $100 back to my credit card. Well, they never did. THEN, they charged me 2 days for it on my SeaPass account, $40. And I was supposed to have a $50 onboard credit that they never applied, either. Early Saturday morning I tried to get the money situation straightened out and the "officer" in charge of SeaPass account disputes wasn't going to be there until AFTER we were getting off the ship. So, I have $190 in additional charges that I now get to dispute over the phone. Lucky me.

And I didn't even have a cup in my room for my Coke package on the day of arrival. I had to go wait in the line for nearly half an hour to get a Coke cup! Then, I didn't have any tickets for my shore excursion either, had to go back to guest services and figure that out as well. I was told that there was a "glitch" in the system and it never showed up that I had bought a shore excursion. That ordeal took another 45 minutes of my vacation away from me. Thanks RC for Royally screwing it up.

WORST vacation ever! WILL NEVER sail Royal Caribbean again!!

Publication Date: 06/10/14
More Vision of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Vision of the Seas review Read the next Vision of the Seas review

Cruise Critic's Vision of the Seas Review