Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by sophiajwoods: Fantastic Cruise from New York to Bermuda

sophiajwoods
Member Since 2014

Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Summit Bermuda Cruises

Fantastic Cruise from New York to Bermuda

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Concierge Cabin 7208 (AFT)

We were slightly nervous as my husband and I have only cruised with Princess before.

Embarkation at Cape Liberty

We arrived at 11.40am, there was hardly any line. We had to wait about 10 minutes to go through security and that was the longest part. It was effortless.

First Impression of the Ship

The ship looked very well looked after and clean and we were very happy with the look and feel of everything. You could tell that the ship was older though but not an issue.

Main Dining Room

The food was fantastic and so was the service, the menu was very similar on every evening though.

Qsine

Amazing experience, great food and fantastic service.

Bistro

I really enjoyed our 4 courses of food, one problem though, we were given about 1 minute between each course to digest. Felt rushed.

Oceanview Café

The buffet I felt was disappointing. The food More choice was so limited and they brought out the same food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. When you were ordering food with someone I found it extremely hard to collect my plate from them because of the very low glass counter. The cleaning up staff were great.

Drinks Package

We had the Classic Alcoholic Package.

At no point did we feel we were being treated any differently because we had a drinks package, we believe we were treated the same as the paying customers. I did think though that the Bar Staff were grumpy though except for Rikki from Jamaica who worked mainly in the Mast bar.

Staff

Amazing and such an entertaining and charming Captain.

Aft Cabin 7208

In comparison to a Princess cabin room, we preferred the décor on the Summit. We believed the room was bigger and the layout of the bathroom was much preferred. We knew we were having a large balcony because we were at the back of the ship but it really was a lovely surprise to see how big it actually was and because of this we ordered room service for breakfast most days - what a pleasure. There was a down side though, the balcony railings and loungers were all covered in salt and horrible to touch. I appreciate this happens during the cruise but wished they had a wipe down for your arrival. Also the glass under the railings was really dirty as well. But on the plus side our cabin attenders were fantastic.

Public Toilets

90% of the time they were great but on occasions they seemed neglected.

Bermuda

What an amazing place, looking forward to going back one day.

Celebrity Summit - we thank you for a great vacation. Less

Read more Celebrity Summit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Summit Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Summit 7208

In comparison to a Princess cabin room, we preferred the décor on the Summit. We believed the room was bigger and the layout of the bathroom was much preferred. We knew we were having a large balcony because we were at the back of the ship but it really was a lovely surprise to see how big it actually was and because of this we ordered room service for breakfast most days - what a pleasure. There was a down side though, the balcony railings and loungers were all covered in salt and horrible to touch. I appreciate this happens during the cruise but wished they had a wipe down for your arrival. Also the glass under the railings was really dirty aswell. But on the plus side our cabin attenders were fantastic.