Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Maverine: Wonderful cruise

Wonderful cruise

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

First I have to appologize that this will be only a short review since I´m already back to work and my time is limited.

But in a short conclusion we had a great cruise. The Reflection is a beautiful ship, well maintained and the staff is very helpful and hard working but always has a smile. Only one sommelier in the Blu restaurant was a little unfriendly. Maybe it was because we had the classic drink package (got it for free with the promo) and just wanted to try the wines and beers that were covered by the package. My dear husband had an Amstel Beer at almost every bar at the ship and we always asked if it was on the package. Never had a problem but the sommelier approached our table and told him with a pretty load voice that this perticular beer was not included. Since the tables are close together this could easily be heard by almost half of the guests. Also the wines that he offered were very limited, he just asked red or white, dry or sweet and didn´t even More give a choice. The last night we had another sommelier at our table and he offered me a much better wine.

Everything else was excellent. Embarkation was a breeze, took not more than 10 min. Our room steward kept our cabin perfectly clean, we always had fresh towels when we came back to our room. 'We had no flowers as usualy in Aqua Class but we never asked for some since they just take some space. I´m sure if we had asked we would have gotten them. Food was good, too, only once I made the wrong choice with a pheasant breast that was dry and covered with kind of a smoked barbeque sauce that didn´t fit at all. They offered me a different dish at once.

Since there is a lot of discussion on the forum boards about Michaels I have to say it was a closed venue for the suite guest but that did not bother anybody. There are many other options and ou can get the beers at cellar masters now. I only saw a few people in Michaels. The ships bars are so nice and lively that most of the suite guests seem to prefer to mingle with the rest.

Zumba was scheduled three times at the pool. The first time it was a little confusion because it should be first in the fitness room, then at the pool and then back. The space up there in the gym is too limited for the number of people that want to do the Zumba. Don´t expect to much. It was held only 20 min and a pretty easy choreo, not much if you do Zumba regulary but nethertheless nice to have on a sea day. The pool area was packed on the sea days but you could always find a free chair on the upper deck. Even with a full ship there was no trouble to find a quiete space to read or relax. We didn´t attend to a lot of shows, most shows were singers / dancers and acrobatic performances. If you like this it, will be perfect. Just not so much our cup of tea but again not a problem for us. We enjoyed a cocktail with our new friends.

The hotel manager, Mr. Bosco Pines is amazing. He is so friendly and asked at several opinions if everything was ok. I´m sure if there is something wrong he will fix it at once. The captain was also very often seen, much more than on our previous cruises. He even came to the Blu restaurant the last night to say good bye to everyone personally.

The itinerary was great, too. History, beautiful landscapes, beaches, all covered. Also shopping if that is your favourite.

Over all, a wonderful cruise. Nice people both crew and passengers (a lot baby boomers, more young people than we had before, fewer older onces but pretty mobile, not a floating nursery home, few kids but all well behaved). We would like to step on board again imediately. Less

Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Reflection Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Reflection 1560

Cabin was a regular balcony cabin. Bed by the window. We had plenty of space for our clothes. Used the compartments over the bed. Very clean, always fresh towels. Less sun (also less rain) on the balcony due to the overhang one deck above but not as dark as the balconies on deck 12.