“Never Again With Carnival!!”
Cruise review of Carnival Elation

nolacanuck Carnival Elation 2 Never Again With Carnival!!
nolacanuck
Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

I cannot express enough how disappointed I was with my first cruise! The food on this ship was just not good at all. Most of the time in the dining room, it was barely warm. One night 3 out of 5 had to return our meals, then got them back not much warmer! I gave up as I just wanted out of there. Not much of a selection, and not enough available in between regular meal times.

Basically the only place that was open in between times in the buffet room was this nasty pizza. My niece told me a couple times the buffet servers were rude to her kids. Sadly I wasn't there to hear it, or I would have fussed them myself.

The entertainment left much to be desired. Mostly line dance and thriller dance lessons. Oh, and bingo...

Some entertainment just isn't advertised enough to even know they exist! My husband stayed up late one night toward the end of the cruise to see a live band in the show room that was not advertised at all.

My brother bought a camera on board which would not hold a charge, so he decided to return it. He was told he could exchange it, but no refund. He said he now didn't trust the brand and wanted his money back. I ended up physically dragging him away while his wife managed to talk sense in to them. If this is a policy, it should be displayed BEFORE a product is purchased!!

We also were not happy at all that we paid for FF to the front. What a joke! We got in the same time as the rest of my group who did not pay the extra!! At disembarking, we ended up waiting so very long while people who wanted to carry their luggage who did not pay extra to get off early, got off before us!

I'm so sad that after this trip on the Elation that our whole group of 8 was soured on ever cruising again, especially NOT with Carnival!.

Carnival Elation Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

E103
The room itself was nice, but too warm. I often woke up perspiring.
Published 06/10/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Elation Review
Carnival Elation Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?