Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review by blueeyes1310

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review by blueeyes1310
Splendour of the Seas
Splendour of the Seas
Member Name: blueeyes1310
Cruise Date: May 2014
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Europe - Greek Isles
Cabin Number: deck 3
See More About: Splendour of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Europe - Greek Isles Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+

Ship Facts: Splendour of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Splendour of the Seas Deck Plans
Not what I expected.

Just back from a 7 night cruise on board Splendour of the Seas. This was my first cruise and I was so looking forward to it. I had a great time and would cruise again but I was also disappointed. I was looking forward to the two formal nights as I am right into fashion and was looking forward to getting all dressed up and seeing all the fashions. Alas, this did not happen. On the first formal night we had dinner early in the windjammer and then went to get ready for the show. On entering the show in all our finery I felt so stupid as looking around Iw as surrounded by people dressed in jeans, shorts and t shirts. After the show I went down to our cabin and got changed as I couldn't see anyone who had made an effort. There were a few who had long dresses on but not much. On the second formal night I didn't bother and went out dressed in jeans and I was so grateful as again nobody had made the effort. I feel that some sort of policy should be in place. Some people were very very casual and wore the same clothes all week!

Entertainment was very poor. If it wasn't for the excellent singer/piano player in the piano bar we would have been lost. The shows were very amateurish and most things that were on were only on for an hour or so. I was expecting cabaret that lasted for a few hours, tribute nights, perhaps karaoke. Karaoke was on for half an hour one night next night semi final half an hour and then the final an hour. Equipment was awful. Didn't have an up to date system and didn't have the songs people were requesting. The presenter couldn't even sing!

Deck three outside cabin. Excellent. Found out from friends that an inside cabin the exact same is £800 cheaper. A lot money to pay for a window!

Even after all my moans I did enjoy it, food was excellent cabin was excellent and the staff were excellent.

Publication Date: 06/10/14
More Splendour of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Splendour of the Seas review Read the next Splendour of the Seas review

More Europe - Greek Isles Cruise Reviews