Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by ChuckPA: Not one of my favorite cruises

ChuckPA
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Grandeur of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Not one of my favorite cruises

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

My wife and I have sail many times and this is our second Royal Caribbean cruise. We were really disappointed. The itinerary is what it is being Port Canaveral, Nassau, and their private island, we knew that going in and really didn't expect much and that is what we got. Nassau unless you go to Atlantis is not very enjoyable.

As for the ship it is well maintained but does not offer much. We had a junior suite on the stern 7th deck. It provided a good view of where we've been but we were disturbed at every port by workers crawling around our balcony cleaning the ship. Our cabin attendant seem disinterested and was the worse we have ever had. Our servers for dinner were the same. The dinners were tasteless and I did not finish one meal; We ended up going to the specialty restaurants which were very good. Breakfast and lunch were enjoyable since we had different servers and the meals acceptable. Royal Caribbean seemed to have cut cost and no longer offered a sandwich station or More Berger station. They will not permit bringing aboard water and charge $3 or $5 for their bottle water, getting drinkable water from sink was impossible. Their beer was over $6 a bottle with gratuity. Their mixed drinks ran over $10 unless you wanted a special drink of the day.

Overall we were disappointed and will not sail RCL out of Baltimore any longer. I have sailed Carnival mid size and larger ships but haven't sail RCL large ships which probably offer more. Baltimore is a convenient departure port and that why we chose it. Less

Read more Grandeur of the Seas cruise reviews >>