Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by GPDaddy: Almost perfect vacation

Almost perfect vacation

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

We just got off the Jewel of the Seas and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! The ship, despite it's age, was absolutely gorgeous and well maintained. While I noticed a total of three carpet stains throughout the ship, they were minor and only evident in certain lighting. There were definitely signs of age, but the vast majority added to the feel and ambiance of the ship instead of detracted from it's character. All of the public facilities, including the bathrooms, were immaculate.

While flat screen TVs were noticeably missing, the old tube type functioned well enough. Our cabin (9604) was well kept and the balcony was beautiful. Our stateroom attendant was around just enough without being around too much. Same for our waiters, Shaun and Domingo.

Speaking of the food, the dining was wonderful. The food was excellent and the service, fantastic. We enjoyed every meal and found that the only disappointment was that there was always two-three entrees and appetizers that we More wanted but simply didn't have room for. Chops Grille food and service was also exemplary.

The only issues I could mention would be the scrambled eggs in the Windjammer were always watery which typically means they are powdered eggs and the lunchtime menu in the Windjammer could be better. The food was good, but the variety left a little to be desired.

Getting on and off the ship was a breeze! While the San Juan International Airport was less than optimum, (obviously not RCs fault), the rest of the vacation was great.

I strongly recommend the Solarium to all childless couples out there. No blaring music, no hyperactive middle-schoolers...just peaceful pooltime from grownups. Less

Read more Jewel of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Jewel of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Jewel of the Seas 9604

Great stateroom. WHile it was just the wife and I, the room was just large enough to not feel cramped. The bathroom was unsurprisingly tiny, but efficient. The shower was just large enough for me (6'-4" tall, 235 lbs). Adding flat screened TVs will be a welcome upgrade as will the WiFi and Pool Screen. The bed was a little short for me, but most are anyway. The room service in the morning (coffee and juice) was the perfect start to the day while showering and dressing before a decent breakfast. My only complaint for the rooms are that they need more electrical outlets. There is one...