Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by mahdisbeih: Amazing ship and outstanding service

mahdisbeih
Member Since 2009

Cabin Not Rated
Family & Children 2.0

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Mediterranean Cruises

Amazing ship and outstanding service

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

We booked a balcony last minute, this is our second time cruising with NCL, first time was our honey moon in 2007 on the Jewel.

I won't write a lengthy review, I will just point out good and not good stuff.

Good stuff is service aboard the ship, you are welcomed anywhere you go, we didn't feel that there are 4000 onboard the ship, cabin clean and nice even though the decision for separating shower from restroom was not a good idea in my opinion.

Food is excellent in the buffet all the time much better from our experience onboard the jewel back in 2007, also food in the alternative restaurants such as caganey's steak house is very good, not that much in the main dining room. Loved the sushi bar even though they don't have varieties.

Spa is huge and very nice.

We cruised with my daughter 3 years old, she loves to swim but only one small pool and no more activities for her age such as for teens.

entertainment was good too, loved the More blue men show and the magic show.

Not good stuff:

The cruise is too short for such a big ship, meaning we were running all the time, not able to see all ports because no time to do activities onboard the ship since we need some time afternoon to sleep and rest since we have a kid. So many things we were unable to do. I believe for such a big ship with lots of things to do, the cruise length should be at least 8 nights with 2 sea days.

Show excursions are too expensive and they always leave very early, with kids, you need time to wake up and get ready and have breakfast, so I believe 9am or 9:30am is the best time, 8am is too early especially if your cabin is on the other side of the buffet.

I will cruise again on NCL but maybe after trying a new cruise line. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>