Jewel of the Seas-disappointing!: Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by kimmorriscpa
Overall Member Rating
Jewel of the Seas-disappointing!
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan
1. Embarkation was a breeze. We exited the cab and were on the boat in about 15 minutes or so!
2. The boat is in need of updating. It is still very nice, but it is showing signs of wear! The rooms definitely need flat screen tvs. I didn't even remember how those old style televisions looked until we saw the one in our room!
3. The main area of disappointment on this cruise was the service. It was the worst I have ever seen. Many of the crew didn't seem to even care that you were there. They didn't greet you with a smile or even acknowledge you at times. The Pool Bar on deck 11 was the worst. The crew were not friendly at all. The other area we noted poor service was the Sea View Café. We went twice and both times, we sat at the table for sometime before anyone even came around. Some crew would see us sitting there; More however, there was no acknowledgement at all. No pleasantries exchanged at all!
4. St Maarten- we have been there many times. We always take an excursion that we booked independently from the ship. It is Captain Bob with Soualiga Destinations. Awesome!!
5. St. Kitts- we have been here before so we just stayed on the ship that day.
6. Antigua- we had an excursion planned; however, we got sunburned in St. Maarten, so we canceled our excursion this day and just walked around the shopping area.
7. St. Lucia- we booked an excursion through the cruise line to see Piton Mountains and snorkel. Very disappointed with this excursion!
8. Barbados- we booked a Jolly Pirate excursion through the cruise line. Very disappointed with this excursion as well. Don't book this excursion!
9. Day at sea for the last day- not enough chairs in the pool area, so you have to go out very early in the morning if you want a deck chair for the day. So, that was disappointing as well.
So, overall, we relaxed a lot on the trip which was fun. But, we have decided that in the future, we are going to explore other vacation options other than a cruise. The cruise industry seems to have declined a lot in recent years. The service, shows, food, etc... all seem to have gone downhill. Less
Cabin review: 9222
The room was fine. It was your typical balcony stateroom on Royal Caribbean. Small shower but overall was fine for the trip.
Fabulous Show Troupe, ETC.
Amazing, wonderful and relaxin...
Another great experience with ...
First Time on Royal
Fourth time on Jewel, a great ...
Great ports, clean ship, bland...