Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by lakeside42: Celebrity Summit Bermuda May 18-25

Celebrity Summit 5
lakeside42
Member Since 2006
38 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Celebrity Summit Bermuda May 18-25

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

Drove down to Newark the night before the cruise. Arrived at Cape Liberty at 11a.m. Dropped off our luggage, parked, got our sea pass cards and were on board all in approximately 20 minutes. Rooms were available before 1:30, room attendant Ambert and his assistant were both wonderful. Ditto with dining room servers Mel and Ben, excellent sommelier as well. Had the classic beverage package and never had any problems getting a drink at one of the bars, service was great. Staff overall were very friendly and approachable.

Room 7202 is a family oceanview stateroom with an enormous verandah. We were cruising with our 17 year old daughter, and when I saw that this room was available I called and booked it with no problem. The room can hold up to 5 however I think that unless it was 2 adults travelling with very small children it would feel quite cramped. Main room had bed that can be split into 2 twin beds. 2nd room has 2 couches, one converts to a single bed and the other to a More double bed. There is a 2nd tv in this room as well. As it was for 3 of us it was perfect. Bathroom is not any larger than a typical stateroom however. This was the only thing I found disappointing with the room. It was our fist time in an aft cabin and boy we are now spoiled for life - best balcony we have ever had/seen!! It is absolutely huge, with a dining table, 6 chairs and 2 lounge chairs with foot stools. Absolutely incredible.

Bermuda was great, this was our 2nd trip there (first trip was also on the Summit) so we did not take any shore excursions, purchased 2 day bus and ferry pass and explored the island ourselves. Bermuda is an easy island to get around, beautiful beaches, nice shopping in Hamilton and St. Georges was very interesting as well. Visited the Bermuda Aquarium, museum and zoo - well worth the time, great exhibits.

The Summit is still in great shape, we really enjoyed her. Food was great, the one show we managed to get to - a comedian- was very good. All in all a wonderful cruise and we will definitely travel with Celebrity again. Less

Published 06/09/14

Read more Celebrity Summit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Summit Review >>

Compare Prices on Celebrity Summit Bermuda Cruises

Cabin review: 7202

Room 7202 is a family oceanview stateroom with an enormous verandah. We were cruising with our 17 year old daughter, and when I saw that this room was available I called and booked it with no problem. The room can hold up to 5 however I think that unless it was 2 adults travelling with very small children it would feel quite cramped. Main room had bed that can be split into 2 twin beds. 2nd room has 2 couches, one converts to a single bed and the other to a double bed. There is a 2nd tv in this room as well. As it was for 3 of us it was perfect. Bathroom is not any larger than a typical stateroom however. This was the only thing I found disappointing with the room. It was our fist time in an aft cabin and boy we are now spoiled for life - best balcony we have ever had/seen!! It is absolutely huge, with a dining table, 6 chairs and 2 lounge chairs with foot stools. Absolutely incredible.

lakeside42
Member Since 2006
38 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X