Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Pictontraveller: An excellent experience
Overall Member Rating
An excellent experience
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
This was our second Celebrity Cruise (one previously on Celebrity Equinox in May 2010) and there were improvements. The ship design is comfortable, with easy access by stairs or elevators. Cabins were spacious and roomy for clothes, suitcases, etc. Public spaces were maintained well and there was a focus on hygiene for passengers.
In terms of positives:
(1) The food selection (eating in the main dining room at 6:15 pm and breakfast and lunch in the buffet area) was much improved. There was variety, portion sizes were good, and there was a major increase in vegetarian options, gluten free, no sugar added, etc.). The Indian food on the buffet was excellent, and the daily grilled fish. Deserts were numerous and the low calorie choices were good. The meals in the dining room were 4* throughout and on occassion 5*. We appreciated availability of fresh fruit.
(2) The staff were friendly with one another, and with the travellers. The room attendants and dining room More staff were simply excellent. Obviously they have had great training and support by managers.
(3) The on-shore excursions (taken through Celebrity) were excellent and good value for money averaging $50-60 for a half-day. We really got an impression of the country, its people, and history. Some sites were simply beautiful and picturesque.
In terms of challenges:
(1) Coffee was not great!
(2) Embarkation was crowded due to facilities in Venice
(3) The room maintenance was poor upon arrival (due to quick turnaround between cruises) but meticulous thereafter by the staff.
Overall an excellent experience. Less
Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>
Cabin review: 6225
Adequate for the journey...well positioned for dramatic entrances to a variety of ports with wonderful views. Cleanliness at onset was no up to par (due to quick turnaround of trips) but handled well thereafter.
First Cruiser's Impressions
My second cruise but first NCL
A Vision to Autumn Cruising
Adventures in Venice Italy
Eastern Caribbean for Thanksgi...
Great cabin, excellent service...
Relaxing crossing with all the...
TA November 2016