An excellent experience: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Pictontraveller
Overall Member Rating
An excellent experience
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
In terms of positives:
(1) The food selection (eating in the main dining room at 6:15 pm and breakfast and lunch in the buffet area) was much improved. There was variety, portion sizes were good, and there was a major increase in vegetarian options, gluten free, no sugar added, etc.). The Indian food on the buffet was excellent, and the daily grilled fish. Deserts were numerous and the low calorie choices were good. The meals in the dining room were 4* throughout and on occassion 5*. We appreciated availability of fresh fruit.
(2) The staff were friendly with one another, and with the travellers. The room attendants and dining room More staff were simply excellent. Obviously they have had great training and support by managers.
(3) The on-shore excursions (taken through Celebrity) were excellent and good value for money averaging $50-60 for a half-day. We really got an impression of the country, its people, and history. Some sites were simply beautiful and picturesque.
In terms of challenges:
(1) Coffee was not great!
(2) Embarkation was crowded due to facilities in Venice
(3) The room maintenance was poor upon arrival (due to quick turnaround between cruises) but meticulous thereafter by the staff.
Overall an excellent experience. Less
Cabin review: 6225
Adequate for the journey...well positioned for dramatic entrances to a variety of ports with wonderful views. Cleanliness at onset was no up to par (due to quick turnaround of trips) but handled well thereafter.
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>
Great Vacation in Europe
Christmas at Sea
Viking Sea Not Ready for Prime...
What a Week!
Post SuperBowl trip to sunny w...
So Nice, We Sailed Twice!