Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Babyguido

Oasis of the Seas
Member Name: Babyguido
Cruise Date: May 2014
Public Rooms 5+

Not sure if I'll go back

My husband and I have been on over 20 cruises. We are both in her 50s and wanted to try the big ship experience. The Oasis is a gorgeous ship. Although, I was a little surprised that the reviews were so good. We found the ship to be quite crowded and there were lines in a lot of places.

We were extremely disappointed in the quality of the food. Often, it just was not very good and it was never very hot. But that is not to say that we didn't find things we did like to eat. We tried the Windjammer a couple of times but found it to be just so so and crowded all the time. In fact, there were several times when there were lines out the door of people waiting to eat. We ate lunch and breakfast whenever we could in the main dining room. We found lunch in the main dining room to be especially good and enjoyed it very much. The opus dining room at dinner was also very crowded and we had to wait in line several times to be seated. The food was very disappointing at dinner time.

The entertainment on the ship was very good. I think the entertainment was probably better than any ship I've ever been on. Highly recommend it if you are into going to shows and want to stay up late at night. Although, again the shows booked up fully so you have to get there early if you want to seek. They often recommend making reservations however we found that having reservations really did no good.

We also liked the fact there were a lot of younger people on this ship. We often sail on Celebrity and I think the average age is around 80. At least it seems like that.

Publication Date: 06/08/14