Golden Princess Cruise Review by plattwear

Cruise Date: May 2014
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Number: P239
See More About: Golden Princess Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Alaskan Cruise with my Mom

This cruise was a Christmas/Birthday/Mother's Day gift for my mom. Going to Alaska was on her bucket list. She stated that she really enjoyed seeing Alaska and it was all that she dreamed of. That is the important thing and the main goal over all. However, I was disappointed in Princess and they did not meet my expectations. This was my first (and mostly likely last) cruise with Princess and my 4th cruise overall. I booked with Princess based on the rate, the date available and their reputation as being the best cruise to Alaska. We were late to 3 ports, which I understand we were on the first cruise this year to Alaska however, due to their reputation, I am not giving them a break. I find it unacceptable to be late to 3 ports with no offer of a future discount, etc., I have never experienced this on any of my previous cruises.

What did they do right: The Princess agent that booked my cruise over the phone recommended that a stateroom on Deck 5 the Plaza. We passed by the International Cafe coming and going to our room which was very convenient for a quick breakfast or late night snack. We were also on the same floor not far from our dining room as well. This location on the ship was the best for us, I really appreciated her suggesting it for us. We did not have a problem with noise at all while in our room. Our steward was friendly and extremely helpful. Our interior state room was roomy enough for us. The closet by the bathroom was very convenient as well with plenty of room to store our luggage and shoes. This is much better than having it in the hallway. First full sea day the water was rough & my mom was sea sick big time. She could not keep any food down. The nurse gave her a shot and told her to rest & she would feel better by dinner. The nurse was a very kind young lady. Mom did feel much better by dinner time and was able to eat in the dining room. She was fine the rest of the week just taking Dramamine. The water was not as rough the other days either.

I was disappointed in the amount of wildlife and ocean life that we did not see on this trip. I expected to see a lot more.

Publication Date: 06/06/14
Read the Alaska ports review by plattwear
More Golden Princess Cruise Reviews