Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Ninerfan49r: We Noobies Had a Great Time

Compare Prices on Celebrity Summit Bermuda Cruises

We Noobies Had a Great Time

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

My wife and I (age 60,62) wanted to take three things off of our "bucket list"; cruise, visit Bermuda, and go scuba diving. Mission accomplished. I planned the cruise back in November after researching your reactions right here on Cruise Critic. Well done members! Keep in mind that this was our first cruise. The booking process was great and we lowered our price twice by watching for specials. I booked room 1103 in Aqua Class.

Dry run- I did a dry run to Port Liberty the week before since I was never there before. The GPS had me do 3 wrong turns so it was a good 90 minute investment in time.

Boarding process= A. Check in process was seamless and a bus took us to the ship. Something the sales person did not know. Lunch at Blu and room was ready by 1300 hours.

Stateroom 1103 - A+ We loved the room but had two issues that were attended to. The toilet clogged once and the room safe's battery died and we could not open the safe. That took 30 minutes for staff to More respond and open the safe. We nearly missed our bus. One would think that the suites would be at this level but nope, they are on deck 6. Deck 11 is closer to the pool and unless you need the extra room, we liked it on this deck. Aqua Class had great attendant service too. The room is serviced twice daily.

Food-Very good but not great. We mostly dined in Blu. Very good service and good but not great food. Bistro on Five had excellent crepes for a minor upcharge of $7/pp. Worth the money. The buffet was a disappointment.

Entertainment-very good. The Sin City comedians were a show highlight along with Ken Page.

Overall- an excellent cruise. The weather coming back made the ride a bit rough. If I had to do it over again, I would not change a thing. Less

Read more Celebrity Summit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Summit Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Summit 1103

Stateroom 1103 - A+We loved the room but had two issues that were attended to. The toilet clogged once and the room safe's battery died and we could not open the safe. That took 30 minutes for staff to respond and open the safe. We nearly missed our bus. One would think that the suites would be at this level but nope, they are on deck 6. Deck 11 is closer to the pool and unless you need the extra room, we liked it on this deck. Aqua Class had great attendant service too. The room is serviced twice daily.