Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by goldiep: Wonderful Adriatic on Silhouette

Wonderful Adriatic on Silhouette

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

Just returned from our May 16 cruise. This was a port intensive cruise. So if, like us, you like to see as much as possible of the countries, this is for you. We visited Venice, Koper, Kotor, Valletta, Split, Dubrovnik, Katakalon, Corfu, Catania, and Ravenna.We took private tours while in port. My favorites were Montenegro and Malta. Montenegro is beautiful to sail into and Malta is just this great walled place. There was so much history and culture to devour on this cruise.

Embarkation was a pain. I think it took an hour or more, even though we were preregistered. I found the same problem when sailing with Celebrity to Alaska. They just don't have this down very well.

The ship is beautiful, with lots of art throughout. The ship is also big. We kept finding new areas of the ship in the first few days. I loved the fact that there were always enough chairs on deck for everyone. Plenty of hot tubs too, between the outdoor areas and the solarium. I didn't have many More drinks but enjoyed watching the flair bartender in the martini bar-impressive.

Our room (3157) had an oceanview though I am unsure I would book that one again. There was alot of bumping noise at night, I think we may have been under the bar prep area. Our room was kept nice and clean but I was disappointed to find a stained couch in our stateroom when we arrived.

My only cons are the internet onboard. It's very expensive and very slow. I advise skipping it and finding a cafe with WiFi while in port. Also, I felt laundry services were too high. On other lines I've been given a $25 bag for laundry. On Celebrity you pay by the piece. Two pairs of pants and eight underwear cost $25.

We only ate in the MDR. Can honestly say food was good to excellent on all but the last night. The last night seemed a bit like leftovers. Don't miss the coq au vin or the filet mignon roulettes.

Entertainment was mixed. Saw a lousy comedian one day, a very good one later. Enjoyed the female soloist and the pianist.

Disembarkation was very easy and efficient. Less

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Silhouette 3157

Near the atrium so music at night, though only heard it once at night. Bumping sounds from above though at times. Think this cabin may be under the bar prep area.