Carnival Pride Cruise Review by MissTia325

Member Name: MissTia325
Cruise Date: May 2014
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bahamas

Great for first time cruisers... but...

This was my first cruise, first time out of the country. I enjoyed the experience. We set sail for the Bahamas on May 25th, 2014. Me and my significant other stayed in cabin 5107 on the upper deck/ deck 5. We also had company staying in room 5115- my significant other's best friend and brother. I would highly recommend going with friends, because if its just you and your other half- its going to be a little boring, especially if your 18-28 years of age. So in this review I will start out with my likes then my dislikes of the Carnival Pride:

LIkes:

-The normandie restaurant dinners were every elegant and they have different items to choose from every night. They also had two formal nights where cruisers would have to dress up in formal attire in order to be seated and dine in the restaurant.

- The show were very entertaining, sometimes I found myself so engaged in the entertainment that I forgot I was even on a ship!

- The interactive channel on the TV was very helpful. With the press of a button you can view your latest purchases on your Sail and Sign Account right in the comfort of your own cabin.

- Our steward, who's name was Gusti. He was very nice always made sure we had everything we needed and he was always smiling.

- Room Service was very prompt and always had my orders just the way I liked it.

- The Lido Deck/ Deck 9 was always a great atmosphere, everyone was eating and happy all the time. The had a great variety of food from different cultures which all tasted great!

- The locals in the Bahamas were very welcoming and friendly. We took a tour (not booked through the cruise line) with a local whom they affectionately called "Uncle Sammy". He was very nice, and every knowledgeable about the Bahamas. He took us to the Parliament of the Bahamas, the Prime Minister's office, he took us to two different beaches, the infamous Atlantis resort and we even stopped for a sample of rum cake made by a local shop. It was an exciting experience.

Dislikes:

- Smoking in the casino (I absolutely hated walking threw there).

- The waiters at the events were too persistent on trying to get you to buy a drink. Also if you did by a drink they would sometimes get it wrong. Yes we all are human but, it happened all too frequently. A lot of people got upset when they were brought the wrong drink and the waiter hands then a piece of paper requesting their signature. I recall one older gentleman saying "I'll sign it when you bring me the right drink!"

- Beauties Night Club (hated it) Maybe because I'm not a club person, but it sometimes gets "rated R" in there.

-The disembarking process. Put it like this, they told us they wanted us out of the rooms at 8:30 AM. We were suppose to dock at 9:00AM. Our pick up ride arrived at the pick up location at 9:00AM, waiting outside for us until 11:00AM. While passing through the terminal, I over heard one of the security radios say "Its almost 11:00AM we still have 900 onboard." Wow! Good thing, we live about 45 minutes from Baltimore. I think they could have done a better job in that aspect.

-On the last sea day, they put that boat in over drive. The boat was moving very fast, I thought i was going to be sick, it made me very uncomfortable even though the first six days were great because i never had motion sickness. I recall going to the Normandie Restaurant and just felt like barfing. Glasses were vibrating tables shaking, while leaving the restaurant I remember holding on to something with every step I took, making sure I kept my balance.

But overall I had a great time on the Carnival Pride. I do plan on going again later on in the year or the following year. It was a great experience as a first time cruiser.

Publication Date: 06/06/14