Carnival Pride Cruise Review by MissTia325: Great for first time cruisers... but...

MissTia325
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises

Great for first time cruisers... but...

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

This was my first cruise, first time out of the country. I enjoyed the experience. We set sail for the Bahamas on May 25th, 2014. Me and my significant other stayed in cabin 5107 on the upper deck/ deck 5. We also had company staying in room 5115- my significant other's best friend and brother. I would highly recommend going with friends, because if its just you and your other half- its going to be a little boring, especially if your 18-28 years of age. So in this review I will start out with my likes then my dislikes of the Carnival Pride:

LIkes:

-The normandie restaurant dinners were every elegant and they have different items to choose from every night. They also had two formal nights where cruisers would have to dress up in formal attire in order to be seated and dine in the restaurant.

- The show were very entertaining, sometimes I found myself so engaged in the entertainment that I forgot I was even on a ship!

- The interactive channel on the More TV was very helpful. With the press of a button you can view your latest purchases on your Sail and Sign Account right in the comfort of your own cabin.

- Our steward, who's name was Gusti. He was very nice always made sure we had everything we needed and he was always smiling.

- Room Service was very prompt and always had my orders just the way I liked it.

- The Lido Deck/ Deck 9 was always a great atmosphere, everyone was eating and happy all the time. The had a great variety of food from different cultures which all tasted great!

- The locals in the Bahamas were very welcoming and friendly. We took a tour (not booked through the cruise line) with a local whom they affectionately called "Uncle Sammy". He was very nice, and every knowledgeable about the Bahamas. He took us to the Parliament of the Bahamas, the Prime Minister's office, he took us to two different beaches, the infamous Atlantis resort and we even stopped for a sample of rum cake made by a local shop. It was an exciting experience.

Dislikes:

- Smoking in the casino (I absolutely hated walking threw there).

- The waiters at the events were too persistent on trying to get you to buy a drink. Also if you did by a drink they would sometimes get it wrong. Yes we all are human but, it happened all too frequently. A lot of people got upset when they were brought the wrong drink and the waiter hands then a piece of paper requesting their signature. I recall one older gentleman saying "I'll sign it when you bring me the right drink!"

- Beauties Night Club (hated it) Maybe because I'm not a club person, but it sometimes gets "rated R" in there.

-The disembarking process. Put it like this, they told us they wanted us out of the rooms at 8:30 AM. We were suppose to dock at 9:00AM. Our pick up ride arrived at the pick up location at 9:00AM, waiting outside for us until 11:00AM. While passing through the terminal, I over heard one of the security radios say "Its almost 11:00AM we still have 900 onboard." Wow! Good thing, we live about 45 minutes from Baltimore. I think they could have done a better job in that aspect.

-On the last sea day, they put that boat in over drive. The boat was moving very fast, I thought i was going to be sick, it made me very uncomfortable even though the first six days were great because i never had motion sickness. I recall going to the Normandie Restaurant and just felt like barfing. Glasses were vibrating tables shaking, while leaving the restaurant I remember holding on to something with every step I took, making sure I kept my balance.

But overall I had a great time on the Carnival Pride. I do plan on going again later on in the year or the following year. It was a great experience as a first time cruiser. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Balcony Upper 5107

I loved our cabin. It was just right for me and my significant other. I love the fact that it had a safe in the room for our most personal documents and belongings. Our steward Gusti always made sure we had everything we needed. The bathroom was just right for the two of us. The balcony was okay, it could have been better. It had rust stains around the railing and inside the door, the balcony door lock was tricky to open. It was always dirty and the chairs looked like they had been painted, and painted, and painted, and painted, and painted, and painted, and PAINTED! There were paint chippings all over the balcony. We had two chairs and a little table. The table was dirty also, were we would go out to the balcony we would grab some towel and put them over the chairs and table just incase we wanted to hang out in that area. My favorite part was in the evening time the steward would leave towel animals on your bed, along with a FunTimes newsletter, (which had excursions and activities for the next day they you could engage in on the ship as well as off the ship), and two pieces of milk chocolate. The TV was great to it had an interactive channel were you could check the balance of your sail and sign card, also they had a channel telling you of the ship's current location and the depth of the water, amongst other things.