Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by Dairy free Cruiser 002: Family Cruise Cruise to Greek Islands May 24 2014 (Half Term)

Norwegian Jade 5
Dairy free Cruiser 002
Member Since 2014

Overall Member Rating

Family Cruise Cruise to Greek Islands May 24 2014 (Half Term)

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Greece
Embarkation: Venice

We have just returned from a wonderful cruise with NCL cruises on their ship Jade and I just wanted to share our likes and dislikes.

We were in cabin no 11 596, this was on Deck 11 and close to the buffet restaurant and kids club. It also did not have the overhang of some of other cabins on is deck which put them in the shade.

We had a mini suite balcony stateroom which we shared with our 2 children of 14 (Boy) and 11 (girl) . We opted to split the main bed into singles so the children had one each and my husband and I shared the sofa bed. This worked well as the sofa bed is quite a good size and probably close to a King Size Bed.

The balcony we found to be a good size too and it was certainly larger than the family balcony cabin we had on P & O Ventura last year.

The buffet food was of a reasonable standard, but we found the food not to be very hot. It was lovely however to be able to eat in the various restaurants More like Alizar which is included in the price and the Tepenyaki which was at an additional supplement. Overall the food on offer was excellent.

I suffer from a dairy allergy and they catered fairly well for me, I would however suggest taking a supply of your own soya milk as the one on offer was in my opinion one of the worst I have ever tasted.

Kids clubs

On this cruise neither of my children thought the kids clubs were that great but this was partly due to there not being that many children on board. My 14 year old son found his club to be empty or closed and when he tried to meet up never found anyone there so he gave up. My 10 year old niece and 7 year old nephew on the other hand thought they were excellent.

Overall a good cruise and the ports of call were excellent and included Santorini, Corfu and Mykonos. We did no NCL excursions but were happy to wander round the ports which were particularly good for small boutiques and cafés. In Mykonos we were told the beach close to the port was good but we found this not to be the case and got a bus to Paradise Beach which was lovely with a few bars and shop and there were nice sun loungers to rent at 5 euros each. Be warned though if you miss the bus, there are only apps 30 taxis on the island and it was difficult to get back. Less

Published 06/06/14

Read more Norwegian Jade cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Jade Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Jade Greece Cruises

Cabin review: 11596

Good size cabin and worked well for a family 4. Good privacy curtain separating 2 parts of the cabin. Nice bathroom for a cruise cabin with separate toilet and shower/ bath.

Dairy free Cruiser 002
Member Since 2014
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X